Peyton Mannings performance today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansrule00000, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

I don't know if its just me but Peyton seemed scared today, or it seemed like something was wrong with him. He fell to the ground twice just because we got close to him, I have never seen him do that. How do you feel about his performance today? I know they won, but I thought it was funny he seemed a little scared today.

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

You've never seen him avoid contact like a puss? He does that EVERY time we face them, and even when we don't because he's that mentally scarred from previous encounters.. he just ducks and slides randomly ..it's a tick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Or throws the ball away in a panic. But is NEVER called for intentional grounding... ever.

He's had quite a few episodes like these this year though. Really surprised he didn't throw a few picks.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think a lot of it has to do with his players being banged up. While I don't think this was his best year, he didn't play bad with what he had to work with. He even helped some younger players develop (Tamme). I think the Colts are gonna be a tough team to beat next year. We're gonna have to put up some points next year to beat them, the Steelers, and the Patriots.

With the right offensive playcalling we can beat those teams. I felt like the playcalling tonite was a lot better but Vince could've executed that offense better and we still need a power back that can get you the tough yards. Javon Ringer is not explosive enough to add another element to our offense.

Won't live in the past and worry about Blount but I'd go SS 1st Round. OG/C/CB 2nd. QB/CB/RB 3rd.

We need somebody to replace Hope whether its next season or the season after. Hope might have another year left (his tackling is still solid, just lacking in coverage) but we've gotta look to the future.

Depending on how our position coaches feel I'd go either O-Line or Cornerback. Both could instantly boost us. We've gotta fix our line issues. Vince has shown us that he can be accurate and can pass from the pocket this season. If our blocking improves his running numbers will be better because teams will have to respect the pass leaving them vulnerable to the run. We also know that Cortland isn't a true #1 CB. He's a solid QB but we need somebody to match up on other team's #1 receivers and lock them up or atleast keep them under control. Verner is proven and McCourty is a solid CB too. Regardless of who's drafted I'd have a pre-season CB battle like we did this year.

In the 3rd I'd go CB/RB/QB. CB see above. RB we need a powerback. And QB we need somebody to push young and who could step in and be a solid #2 QB.

*** Sorry to jack the thread but I'm already thinking about the off-season. Maybe this season is what the team needed. I think things will be shaken up enough next season that the organization might just get things right. It's gonna take Bud putting his foot down though

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't think Hope has actually gotten worse in coverage, I just think age hit him hard and fast and he lost a few steps, he was never a real fast guy anyway. So yea I guess that would be considered being worse in coverage:suspect:

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Manning throws so many balls away his completion percentage is all the way down to 66%!

Great point!

I saw him avoid contact one time with the Tulloch blitz and he had no time to find anybody open so he just ate the ball. So what?

He is one of the best QBs of all time and never misses a game. I guess he could be an idiot and try to stiff arm linebackers with his throwing arm to prove his manliness but that would be stupid and detrimental to his team.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So his completion percentage means he never throws the ball away?

Someone didn't watch today's game. Or any other Colts game for that matter.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

He looked fine to me. He made a ton of near perfect passes, no real mistakes, and looked like he was ready to throw his receivers under the bus to the media if they lost.

...like he's always looked.

9. jdog

jdog I like beer!

*I think he should stand up straight get hit and fumble get hurt and let the backup play. He should also throw the ball downfield even if he has no target instead of throwing it away. So what if he gets intercepted.

* This statement is pure sarcasm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar