Peyton or Vince Young?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Who would you rather have as your starting QB, regardless of your hatred toward the University of Texas or the Indianapolis Colts?

2. Peyton

God forgive me...

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'm trying to configure my ignore list, in absolutely NO WAY, should anyone pick a rookie QB over one of the best passers of the last 30 years, even if he's a Colt.

4. metal957

metal957 Starter

I may be a minority here but I'm going with Vince Young here. He is a proven winner in the big games. Even in college Peyton could not win the "Big One". He choked in every playoff game and lost to Nebraska in the last game of his college career. Last time I checked it, the point of playing football is winning the "Big One" and in this case it is the Super Bowl. And that is what Vince will have a chance to do after sitting a year and then taking over the reigns.

5. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

I want us to take Young, but I'd trade the #3 pick to the Colts for Manning in a second.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I don't want to hate my teams quarterback no more than anyone wants to hate their #1 wide out if T.O. came to town. Peyton the Titans quarterback? F-that. :coltssuk: I've spent years working up the hair ball of hate that plauges this guy year after year with his choking episodes and all. I'm not going to reverse course at all when I've got McNair v2.0 in my lap. Of course Peyton would choke for us against his old team in the playoffs. (the dolts) Count on that. I'd rather have T.O. I don't want T.O. either.

7. Nine

Nine Starter

I understand the logic of what you're saying....but using the same logic, you'd take Vince Young over Peyton, McNair, Dan Marino, Ladanian Tomlinson, and Barry Sanders?

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I don't hate the Colts or University of Texas so much as I hate Peyton Manning. The Colts have less to do with this more than Peyton does for hate. So, Mr. SEC 330 BIPOLAR, pick the choice you like best... you like Vince Young and you hate Peyton Manning, you are a fan of the Titans and you like the Moon/McNair line...(M&M):winker: uhh... gee... tough choice... glass half full... 8 years experience or rookie MVP star? Orgasmic cap hit, mortgage the farm...back end of perinnal post season loser career...:hmm: big whiney mouth. Little brother waiting in the wings to show him up... I'd rather hope and dream than live through that.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I don't see how, at this point, you could choose an unproven college QB to an established elite and future HOF QB in Manning.

Ask me again in 3 years.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Manning is one of the top three quarterbacks of all time. If I had to pick one player to start a franchise playing right now, I would probably take Tom Brady first and then Peyton Manning. Young wouldn't even make the top 50.

Anyone who votes for Young is either being dishonest or .. well .. they probably should lose posting privelages for a few years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar