Peyton or Vince Young?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

BiPolar, I asked to leave all your hate and bias at the front door before you walk into this discussion. So, after you do this and just look at the numbers, a given Hall of fame QB, or an unproven rookie who hasn't even stepped onto a pro-football field, you would still take Young? Look, I know you're enamored with the guy, but don't let your Man-Crush defy you of all possible logic. I'm not even saying we should trade or the cap-hit or anything like that, just asking if you were given the choice in an unimaginable universe, to choose between Peyton or Vince, who would it be?:hmm:

2. metal957

metal957 Starter

Nine I'm talking about QBs and yes in the same instance I would take Vince over Peyton and Marino for the already stated reasons. Also his career hasn't already played out much like theirs have and did. And I don't see how you could put Tomlinson on that list he hasn't been in the league as long as Peyton or Marino did and is.

3. metal957

metal957 Starter

I would have to agree with part of what you said in Tom Brady. But I'll say it again Vince finds away to win games no matter what and that is what I want on my team.

4. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

This is the most retarded question ever. Anyone who says Vince Young is clearly letting their hatred of the Colts affect their judgement.

5. is it too late to change my answer??? :ha:

:coltssuk:

6. wg53

wg53 Starter

This has to be one of the dumbest threads I've seen on any message board.....

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

seriously, who picked vince?

:bricks:

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That's the criteria...:rolleyes: I addressed that in my post I believe. I've got absolutely nothing against Univerisity of Texas and I just plain don't like the Colts... that's fine... I don't want to try to root for a guy that I've spent years despising, I don't care how good he is. I'd rather take my chances with Young if it came down to it. I don't just say that I think that Manning is a choke artist. I believe that. I want the Titans to win a Super Bowl sometime in the next ten years. If Vince Young was drafted, there would be a chance of that. If Manning was brought to Tennessee, there would be no chance of that because he's a choker that's never won anything and he would eat up all the money that we'd need to pay other players with.

Why don't you ask Brad Kassell over Ray Lewis?
    How about Drew Bennett over Terrell Owens?

People don't want those players either and it's because people don't like the player for one reason or another even though it is clear that our player that starts the position is inferior in skill. I've seen posts in the last few weeks that were to the effect if Ray Lewis or Terrell Owens were brought in that they would have issues being fans of this team of ours. It comes down to winning, sure, I know... It's not like the Titans would have no chance of winning anything with Vince Young. Which would be sweeter... wining the "BIG GAME" with Peyton Manning... or winning the "BIG GAME" over Peyton Manning? Picking Vince Young may look stupid to many... fine. Ridicule me if you must. I view picking Manning here as selling out. Selling out is great for the guys on the field... that's a different brand of selling out... Selling out like that as a fan is just pathetic.:sad2:

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Anyone who buys season tickets year after year might rather see Vince Young too. I've got real money tied up in this. I'm not like some of you that have only been able to see on Direct TV. If I'm going to take my butt up and down I-24 ten times each year I don't want to see Peyton Manning's goober *** there each Sunday.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

It is but in the off season there is not much more to do on a NFL MB than have stupid arguments over hypothetical situations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar