Peyton or Vince Young?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I take any of those except George and Bledsoe at the time. The issue isn't any more valid then than it is now. There is no such thing as a sure fire hall of famer. If you have a choice between a sure thing and an untested product, you take the sure thing every time.

Peyton is probably better than everyone on that list except maybe Marino (and arguably Steve Young). I see what you're saying, but that would be like trading the first overall pick for the top player in the game. The chances of you getting a better player with the pick is like 1%. No team would take those odds.

2. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

the fact that anyone in this place voted vince really does nothing to validate the intelligence of this board. i'm disappointed in myself for spending time here...
    really guys. the kid has 1 good season of college under his belt and thats it. peyton might suck in the playoffs but that's just as much the coaches fault for letting him screw up the games.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

the way I'm reading this, a lot of people would pick Ryan Leaf over Peyton as well, because of pure hatred.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You got me. I take Peyton and pray, pray, pray... There are many Indy players I'd love to see in Tennessee. I just don't like Peyton. RL can't play ball... Peyton can... I take Peyton there and hope for the best. The thing about Vince Young is that there is potential despite the possibility that he's about as quick as Forest Gump. (mentally & phisically) hahaha...

I just really don't like Peyton but at least we could win with him... to reinterate... RL has no chance of winning where as VY does given time to mature. I'd still rather win the "big game" over Manning than with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar