Peyton to visit TN

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

You wouldn't call Williams a dangerous receiver? If you say he's not, I say you're a liar. No, he's not elite or even a number 1 right now - but he's clearly dangerous and has big play capability that of which he showed last year many times over.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Line needs to be fixed for CJ to be worth anything?

Put Peyton Manning behind center and CJ will have all the lanes he possibly could dream of.

3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I'd rather sign Jeff Saturday (FA, C) for a year or 3 rather than Peyton. Think Mawae.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

No, I would not call a receiver that drops 1/2 of his passes last season a dangerous receiver... sorry

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

Im not a liar. Like I said, some of you just think he is better than he is because our WR's finally, for the first time in a while, dont completely suck.

5. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I still dont believe that. Right now. a defensive line's front 5 killing our Oline is whats killing CJ, not the LB's and the corners.

CJ still needs to get past the line before worrying about what the LB's are doing.

Edit: I know he would help CJ and his production, but I havent forgotten how this line got their *** handed to them all season in the run game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^because they finally, for the first time in a while, have someone that doesn't completely suck to pass them the ball.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

If Peyton Manning is a Titan, I will find a new team and delete my account from this message board and turn in my fan card. You can quote that and put it in your signatures. I'm not a liar like DBC

8. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

Like someone said earlier - you'll be replaced by thousands of people from Knoxville all the way up to the Tri-Cities. See ya!

9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I am not convinced that Manning will be the same QB he once was like everyone seems to expect. I really think that whoever signs him will be very disappointed in what they get. He hasn't played in a year, couldn't even throw the football in his backyard for over half a year much less during an NFL game, had 3 neck surgeries, and is getting old. I don't know why people think that he has 3 good more years left in him. If he had 3 more good years left then the Colts would have kept him to try to win another SB.

This happens all the time when a future HOF player gets released. A team brings them in well past their prime expecting them to be the player they used to be, all the fans get super excited, ESPN starts the hype machine and you end up getting nothing but subpar play from a washed up player. That is exactly what whoever signs Peyton will be setting themselves up for. I pray that it is not the Titans. There is no reason to think that Peyton is immune from this same future.

In fact I would LOVE for houston to sign him. Get Schaub (who is a pretty good QB) out. Replace him with an old, injuried Manning who probably won't last for very long at all. Then they have to start from scratch at the QB position, all the while wasting time with a very talented team.

Some people may say that it is worth the risk taking him if there is even the slightest chance he returns to form, and I would agree if you hadn't already invested a top 10 pick and time into your future QB.

But I did predict yesterday that the Titans would have to meet with him just to shut Bud up. All Munch has to do is tell Manning that they are wanting him to help develop Locker and case closed. He Munch will be meeting with Manning while Webster will be meeting with actual potential FA's (Mario perhaps?).

Or we could just sign him, then cut him right before week one of the season just to spite him .... hahaha Bud you evil genius you

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

If our Oline is that bad next year then I dont want our young future QB in there getting pounded...would prefer we let MH take the beating until we get it fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar