PFF 2013 Position Ratings for the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XO, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

and theres that unwarranted hate that he was talking bout.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Verner might be a bit of a playmaker, but McCourty is a solid starting CB. Verner belongs on the inside due to his size.. you can't be 5 ft 10 in, 185 pounds and play outside DB unless you're a player of Courtland Finnegan's caliber. Imagine ATV matching up to Andre Johnson 1v1 twice a year.. you're okay with that? Little dude wouldn't stand a chance, and that goes for most starting WRs. ATV belongs in the Nickle package, covering smaller slot WRs and TEs. He's a very good player for that role.

3. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Unwarranted?......You don't think there has been concern over his effort over the last two seasons? For me, that's a deal breaker, that's when I take off my blinders.

When a player shows a lack of effort, and they start playing on there own terms, they lose some respect. That's where the "hate" is coming from. He got paid, now he runs when he wants to. His effort during the 2011 season was the worst display I've ever seen by a football player. He practicaly sat down at the sight of a defender. I'm not going to make excuses for him.

4. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

I get the effort thing - but no way CJ is an "average player" - he needs to slide into the "above average" player ... when other defense' scheme JUST for CJ then he has to be more than average cmon. He is a broken tackle away from a TD everytime he grabs the rock.

I know people go nuts latley over the CJ debate and not trying to spark anything but cmon, lets be real. Average player? Give me a break. His effort can be spotty at times ill give you that - but even his so called bad year barely cracking over 1k he still caught nearly 60 balls 400 + yards.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

He is a very talented player, but I'd rather have a less talented player that's willing to run through a brick wall for the team on every down, and thus becomes a consistent chain mover for the offense.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Dude was getting bashed by 300lbers every other play all season long. He's been a tough durable back for us for years and hasn't missed hardly any time off the field.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I get where you're coming from about the lack of effort.. I've also been disappointed by him from time to time. He does seem to be much less willing to take a hit now, and I hope he snaps out of that. Hopefully with Shone Green taking the ball in short yardage situations, CJ will stay fresh and take less abuse. But even with the lack of effort on some plays, he is still playing well above average ball. Running the ball is extremely important, and it needs to be our identity. CJ has given us that hands down every year he has been in the league, with the exception of the first half of 2011.

8. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

If he's what our offense is centered around, we are in trouble.

9. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

It's football, that's the point.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Regardless. If its CJ running over lineman we're not gonna win.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar