Philisophical Question:

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Freeney would be nice but he is another pass rusher. It was mentioned on another thread but KVB has this same type of problem. Great against the pass but the speed rush causes him to over play run plays.

In Madden J Peppers was available on FA in 2007. Let me tell you he has added leaps and bounds to my defensive line.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Freeny has one half sack this year. Moss dropped 3 passes on MNF. I never cease to be amazed how people evaluate talent on this board.

3. That is exactly what I've been saying, the amount of effing 4th rounders we've had and used to add depth, if we want to be a good football team we need good players, and a better DC but there you go...

A lot of guys have been saying that there aren't any stand out players coming up in F.A, and that it would be better to go for an O-Liner with our 2nd pick, right now, I'm not so sure but then again, its only week 10, we'll have to see what we do towards the end of the season in regards to our O-Line...

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well if it's a symbiotic relationship, then a great WR will help. No doubt this team needs a lot of help at various positions, but how does that allow you to totally dismiss picking the best college WR? I doubt Vince will be a passer like Payton, Brady, Montana, etc. He's the guy that could benifit most from a true #1 go to guy.

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

my two cents................the truly great ones.............Like Brady, Elway and Marino made their WR's.............hate to say this but I'd also put Theisman in this group..................I hate him but he made his WR look all world for a long time.............and he made several guys look that good...............some QB's got lucky and had studs..........like Bradshaw, Montana, Manning....................for most cases I think a good to very good QB need at least one WR and a decent run game.....................Brady to me is the best QB ever because he has made it with the worst group of WR through his three SB................The other mutli run SB winning teams all had stud WR and RB's...............Brady had neither, but i think his team defense was among the best for 5 straight yrs.................Count me as very impressed by Tom..............but I honestly think Tom's winning days are over..................................The Pats D has lost a ton and the key guys are no longer elite....................

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I've got just five words for you if you think that Vince (or any other QB) doesn't need a star WR.

Peyton Manning to Marvin Harrison.

7. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

i got one for you then..............Dilfer to Ismail................2000 SB................you don't need one if you have other pieces.....................football is a team sport................the best team wins and there are many examples of how great teams are assembled................right now the Titans have got their LT RT and QB and future RB.................now they need a WR and a D.................

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

gee gutsy call, your evaluation of talent is coming from one game and half a season. Suddenly that makes Moss - a WR who was on track to break Jerry Rice receiving record and Freeney who has had 10+ sacks for the past 3 or 4 years untalented?

might wanna rethink the way you evaluate talent.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

playing Devils adovacte

did Manning make Harrison or did Harrison make Manning :stars:

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

LT only had 36 yards vs pitt a few games back. I hope our FO does not pick him up off of waivers. He is garbage! :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar