Phillips a goner

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Just heard it on the radio that Wade Phillip got the axe.

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

[​IMG]

AWW SHUCKS Wade Phillips always looked confused on the sideline. Wade Phillips wasn't the main problem in Dallas. You have a buncha guys in Dallas that like living the lifestyle that football provides without living up to their end of the bargain on the football field. It's a front office problem if you ask me. Ware, Romo, Jenkins, Columbo, and even Roy Williams have all quit on their team at some point in their tenure. Even though they are all talented, they all have taken for granted what football has given them. Perhaps its the coach who has to help them realize what they got but the coach can only do so much motivating. Those guys have been there for years and they know what is expected of them. It's time to blow up the team. Jerry Jones is also responsible this as well. You can't be the yankees in the NFL. It doesn't work like that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Had to be done. At this point it was an act of kindness. Watching him dangle for eight more weeks would have been painful.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

5. Tight Uns

I feel for Wade, but it's his soft mentality and approach to coaching that brought this about.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

1 week after I said. Lost the bet. :( Damned me for being smarter than most NFL organizations!

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

[​IMG]

8. Tight Uns

LMAO.

Cowboyszone going nuttier than we were on Moss claim day, or as I call it, Easter Tuesday

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

104.5 seems to be the only place reporting this. Not a peep about it from any of the NFL or ESPN guys on Twitter. In fact, Adam Schefter just said that as of now Phillips had not been fired.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree that it was almost the humanitarian thing to do. He had lost the team anyway.

Now they have the opportunity to audition another coach for 8 weeks.

Brian billick would provide an attitude change. He's not going to take crap from anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar