Pick #172: Wisconsin WR Jonathan Orr

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Height: 6-2Weight: 19840 Time: 4.45With the 172nd pick of the 2006 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select Wisconsin WR Jonathan Orr.Orr is a four-year starter, an outstanding athlete with great upside for the next level. He is quick to top speed and runs away from opponents in the open field. Orr is strong, makes the tough catch in a crowd or out-muscles defenders for the reception. He consistently comes back to the quarterback, working to make himself an available target. He is an eathanffective blocking downfield for ball carriers.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001438.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Wow I didnt see this one coming..... good player but dern.... we need olinemen now! we are already deep at wr... this is a wasted pick

3. metal957

metal957 Starter

I agree we needed to get and O-Lineman or a CB with this pick

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I would have thought CB too. But this guy might be too good to pass on this late in the draft.

5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

If my memory serves me correct we have 7 wide recievers under contract and probably will only carry 6 on the 53 man roster. My point is there is not a roster spot for a reciever but there is a o-line spot with the retirement of Hopkins. The kid maybe great but drafting a wr without a roster spot looks like he will get cut in camp and a wasted pick.

6. maximus

maximus Starter

Orr will compete with Wade (and hopefully beat him out)

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

We've kept 7 WR's before. It could be Givens, Bennett, Calico, Roby, Jones (who could be Pup'd), Williams, and maybe Orr. The other guys are probably on the way out.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

A seventh spot for WR can happen. It's usually a swing position.

But Brandon Jones will probably be on PUP entering the season.

So it'll go:
    Givens
    Bennett
    Calico
    Williams
    Roby
    Orr or Thomas

I suspect Orr (if he's for real) and he can be moved to the practice squad if Jones returns.

9. or maybe it wont be him but someone else that hasnt stepped up like calico, which would really dissapoint me being as he is from mtsu and both of my parents went there, i really want him to do well

10. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

So it'll go:
    Givens
    Bennett
    Calico
    Wade
    Roby
    Williams
    Orr

PUP Jones

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar