Pick #229: Cary Williams, CB, Washburn

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

We've always overachieved with our 7th rounder CBs. Anyways, he sounds like a good pick. He does not sound like a good fit for our scheme because he doesn't play zone well but who knows if that is true. He seems to be another good returner though. That's at least 3 that return that we've picked this draft.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Yeah, but he's afraid of contact. So in other words, he's a big *****.

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

There is our starting corner this year. We have been really good at finding gems at this position late in the draft. (See Reynaldo Hill, Cortland Finnegan)

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

did you really just cite Rey Hill as a gem?

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

For where he was drafted, yes Rey Hill was a gem.

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

He was a 7th round pick who not only made the team but became a starter. You obviously haven't been watching Tennessee very long or you would remember everybody raving about him. He had a really good rookie year. He came back his sophomore year, but never quite produced like he had earlier. I still think he has the ability to be a good corner. Someone just needs to teach him to get his head on a swivel.

7. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Hill has proven to be an excellent pick.

Sure he isn't Fin, but Fin was an amazing value.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How often does a 7th round pick have his own religion?

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

That's just it. I have been watching the Titans a very long time and I saw Rey Hill get burned again and again. Thus, he doesn't start, he's only a backup. He can't get the job done. I guess for a seventh rounder, yeah, he's good....but he's a backup and will never be a starting CB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar