Pick #24: Chris Johnson, RB, ECU

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Bring LenDale in the game to wear down the defence, then you have the threat of VY running ,you have the threat of Crumpler getting open for 10-15 yard catches, then you have the new TE to help block, Jake Scott etc...to help out, then you can use CJ to hit the corners with his speed, not only is he going to be faster than the D but youll have a tired D. CJ will break open for huge yards and 60 yard TD's etc... I think we have have a great year.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

One thing we definately know...

No GM has ever made a mistake, for any franchise, in the history of the NFL. :rolleyes:

You nailed it. Although Gunny and a lot of other "defend the Titans no matter what" posters would disagree with that statement.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

So am I now a better GM than MR?

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think you, me, and about 50% of any random people pulled off the street could do as well as the Titans have this draft.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We finally made a good pick!!!

6. ECUpirates

ECUpirates Guest

I personally know Chris and I joined to give a little inside information about him. I know the pick is a shock to some and it was to him as well going that early but look at it like this. If you could have gotten Reggie Bush and still have gotten Vince Young, would you have done it?

Now a year later you have a back superior to Reggie Bush with the 24th pick. In 10 years Chris Johnson will mean more than Reggie Bush. The only reason Reggie Bush went where he did was because of where he played. Chris wasn't even used much until the last year (Willie Parker) anyone? Sure East Carolina doesn't play the competition USC played but speed is speed. Playing East Carolina everyone knew what was coming and it still couldn't be stopped.

So lets compare a little bit.

Reggie Bush 5'11" 200lbs
    Chris Johnson 5'11" 195lbs

Reggie Bush ran a 4.38 40 yard dash.
    Chris Johnson ran a 4.24 and 4.20 unofficial at the combine and has been clocked as fast as 4.15 in college, 2 tenths faster than Reggie Bush.
    Willie Parker ran a 4.24 at his pro-day.

Lastly lets look at the biggest game Chris Johnson has played in, The Hawaii Bowl against #24 Boise State.

28 carries, 223 yards, 1td, 8 yards a carry average. Hes averaged 6 yards a carry for his career.

Lastly, I think he will be a great fit for you team with Vince Young back there. He has great hands, line him up at WR, run him out in the flats, Lendale up the middle with him faking around an end, QB keepers here and there. The Titans are going to have a fun offense next year. Goalline situations, 3rd and 2, hes around the end before it can be stopped.

Heres a video (most has probably been seen) watch for the bursts in traffic and around corners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhUhLtAC_Ok
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFegpYhQews

7. Titans_Win

Titans_Win Guest

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Good points. The pick makes a lot more sense now.

9. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

im excited about this guy

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar