Pick #24: Chris Johnson, RB, ECU

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

watching mike reinfeldt make selections in the nfl draft is like watching a bunch of retards hump a door knob.

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

FWIW This is the guy that Bongo had the Titans taking recently when he posted on the Jets board (he loves the guy).

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

If that's the way they feel/felt they shouldn't have drafted him.

He's arm hasn't changed since college. :rolleyes:

4. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

What the ****! I am offical after 30 years of following the Oilers and then the Titans off this ****ing team. They have no ****ing clue.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

**** Bongo.:))

7. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Regardless of anything else, we should all agree that these two picks in his first two years (project, speed backs) DO mean something as to what MR's legacy is going to be. I think it'll be alright if just one of them to produces something marginal (if this is going to be his MO as a GM). They don't have to be pro-bowlers, but you can't keep going out on a limb (and passing on the overwhelming area of need) and not produce results. So let's keep our fingers crossed, because the obvious best-case scenario is that we're all crazy about him at the end of next year (but the dreads, 40-time, name-recognition, Chris-es, possible PR guys, and the odd reaction were deja-vu-esque of last year).

I don't mind the pick personally. There wasn't an "oh my god I can't believe they passed on _____" - type guy there. I really didn't like the top two wr's there (I think I might still take Ted Ginn over DeSean Jackson, which isn't saying much)

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

or a monkey ****ing a football ?

9. 4EverYoung

4EverYoung Camp Fodder

Malcolm Kelly, Devin Thomas, Limas Sweed, DeSean Jackson, Calais Cambell, Kenny Philips, Quentin Groves, A. Cason all would be better than this pick. If the WR from East Carolina would be better. The front office needs to get their head together, East Carolina is not even a state, why would you want players from there??

At least we know we won't be taking a running back again in the 2nd round.

10. ECUpirate

ECUpirate Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar