Pick #3: Texas QB Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i still think people saying "i like me some Vince" is incredibly gay.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

"i like me some Vince" is incredibly gay.

Yes it is. I wish people will knock it off.

I don't think THE BEAR would approve of such talk.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Phislamma...

Still think we are a 4-6 win team,
    -----------------------------

Why in the hell would you think that? We have added a young eddie and 4 quality free agents, our young players have another year of experience.

I say the attitude change alone would be worth 3-4 more victories with no new personel. With the addition of white, givens, mawe, hope and thornton we can be a playoff contender.

We just need to keep #9 around for a couple more years.

4. fltitan

fltitan Guest

I coulnt agree more RollTide we are a differnt team today a team that can make those game changing 3rd or 4th and short to keep a drive alive or put it in the end zone. Our time of posseion will go up keeping our D of the field as much as the last couple of years. White will have more impact this year than VY on the game and the other running backs, they will have to really step up thier game. Get Steve resigned, with the FA additions and growth of our young players we will win more games than anyone expects. Coach Bryant always said winners win and losers lose these two guys are WINNERS.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I think we are an 8-8 team right now with potiental for 10 wins or 6 wins. lol....It all depends who is our QB, and our MLB.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The way I look at it is a little reverse. We've done nothing.

At Qb, we made no change
    At Rb, we made no change (It's still Brown and Henry)

So what have we really done. Future looks bright, but the improvements in the draft are all down the road. And the improvements through Free Agency were really nothing more than replacements for all the people we lost, and the are slight downgrades by comparison to our playoff years. Nice players, but in my opinion, nothing more than slight downgrades for a perennial playoff team. And that's really where I'm coming from. It's a downer, but I think realistic. I just don't see a difference from the team on the field last year.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

We upgraded center. We upgraded OLB. We probably upgraded FS. We enhanced HB. We upgraded at WR. I don't see any of those moves as debatables. I also don't see how you can say we will have the same record (without using a sos argument) after that many upgrades. Then there are all of the rookies/2nd year players that we had in that should only get better...

The only possible downgrade is RT (I seriously doubt it) and QB (assuming we can't retain McNair). Without McNair, I agree that we probably don't win 8 games.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

:sad2: nuff said

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

With the personal changes, we're a 6-10, 7-9 team this year.

With a drastic change in attitude BECAUSE of the personal changes, and some leadership from the coaches and vets, we could go 9-7 and compete against the Jags and Colts

10. video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9048728383246059683

Vince is really amazing and like everything else about his game, he's way more impressive in person. The way he moves and just destroys guys in the open field is the most graceful thing you'll ever see.
    And his speed has an optical illusion quality to it. He eats up a ton of ground with each stride, so he's actually moving much faster than he looks. He'll scamper out of bounds and it'll look like he had to settle for a couple of yards but it turns out he actually got 9 yards.

He's not ridiculous fast, but he accelerates out of his cuts and he moves like a genius. When he's in motion, he's harder to hit than Reggie Bush. He'll make big plays seem routine. He electrified everybody in the two Rose Bowls, but we've seen him make a hundred plays just like any of those--when he HAS to do it all himself, he will.

Anyway, once you lay your eyes on him and see it for yourself, all those concerns won't concern you as much.
    He's the real deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar