Pick 3

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Okay this is one of those "what would you do" questions, that asks you what would you do if you found yourself in some completely unrealistic and contrived situation (that you know for certain you'd never find yourself in).

So here in the scenario I've cooked up;

You're the Titans GM, you have to win the Supper Bowl THIS YEAR. Absolutely no consideration should be given to the teams future and no consideration to salary cap concerns (or current players bruised egos). So again if you're only goal was to win the Super Bowl this season at all costs and you were allowed to choose any three players off of other team's rosters, who would you select? (for the sake of this little contrived scenario I'd ask that you concentrate on the effect these players will have on the Titans rather than the weakening of key opponents by taking key players off of their roster).

I've already got my three, I won't post them until after this gets a few responses. I think it'll be interesting to see where people feel the most immediatie needs are.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I take Manning, LT and Merriman.

The first two were easy. I wasn't sure on the third. I'd love a Moss or shutdown CB.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Tom Brady, Randy Moss and Champ Bailey. I would also consider swapping Bailey for a dominant DE.

Brady and Moss alone might be enough, now that I think about it.

4. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

Vince Young, Kyle VandenBosch and Keith Bulluck

oh woops, guess they're already on our team

guess we're gonna win the superbowl this year

5. Brady, LT, and Champ Bailey (or Jared Allen as a substitute)

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Brady, Reggie Wayne, and Merriman.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Brady, Moss, Adrian Peterson....our defense is already good enough, thus, I didn't pick any players.

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Manning, Moss, Jared Allen.

9. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Manning, Wayne, Merriman

10. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Manning, Moss, Bailey

Manning would give us the crisp passing game with Moss to stretch the feild and allow our other WR to get more opportunities.

I think with a real passing game, our current OL/RB will rack up sick rushing yards.

Bailey will give us an upgrade at CB and gives us quality depth at a position with none. This coupled with what I expect to be a dominate DL would make us tough to beat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar