Pick #5 of the 2017 NFL Draft: WR Corey Davis, Western Michigan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Didn't think Davis was the 5th best player in the draft. We reached for need IMO. And I don't buy in that "the other 3 WR's went right after him........" All the other teams that drafted WR, followed our lead and reached for their WR out of their need.

I don't have anything against Davis. He appears to have the makings to be a solid WR1. #5 was too high for him IMO. I think we handed some other teams great value in the mid 1st round when some of the higher echelon D players were passed over due to the WR "run" we initiated.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We got lucky with Davis at 5, guy could have been 2nd overall if he was 100% on draft day..

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

but it's clear he would not have been there at 18. if he's your guy you gotta go get him. if he works out we will all forget whether we got him at "value" or not

#283 VondyP, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    • High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It seemed pretty clear that they tried to trade down a bit and there was nothing available. Even if Davis was a reach in terms of pure talent, giving your franchise QB everything he needs to flourish seems to me to be a worthwhile reach. It's a lot different than reaching for a safety or something.

5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Cases could be make against anyone drafted at 5. The top 20 was filled with players who had injury concerns, were raw to their respective or tweeners, or just not all that exciting from an athletic standpoint.

And I think it's silly to think that other teams started selecting WRs because we did. Nobody else had two firsts, so they had no shot at getting the guys who they ultimately ended up with if they chose someone else.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
  6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I gotta admit when I saw we picked him I was stunned. Never thought we would take him at 5. I was really high on Corey Davis though so I wasn't upset. I was actually on a business dinner with my bosses and had my phone under the table haha.

Corey Davis reminds me a lot of T.O. But he's got a lot of work to do to live up to those comparisons.

Just was checking to make sure you meant you just wouldn't have taken Davis at 5, and you didn't mean don't ever take a WR at 5. Because there are definitely WR's that have played and currently play that are worth #5 overall.

Maybe Davis becomes one of those guys someday. I personally would just take a lot of W's between he and #8.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Sabomnim

Sabomnim Starter

any reason he isnt signed yet?
    not concerned or anything but just havent heard a reason why. #4 is signed and both following receivers are. Not sure why the delay...

9. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Every. Single. Year.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar