Pick #5 of the 2017 NFL Draft: WR Corey Davis, Western Michigan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

How was justin hunter, oh I mean, Davis today?

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

They didn't run their weekly screen pass to Decker that he always whiffs on the block.

So I have no idea if he even played.

3. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Yup another insignificant performance out of such a highly prized #5 overall pick. I saw just like last week, he only got 4 targets which is warranted. Oh how i wished we got cooks. Even Dede Westbrook looks more of the part as a true #1 over there in jax. I don't know if its him or just our dumb offensive scheme but he does remind me of justin, kenny, kendall and DGB. Just flashes and enough to make fans say, "oh yeah that one pass he caught!"

4. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I honestly think it's the offense.

I know a few of the guys on here like to watch all 22 film during the week.

Maybe one of them can keep an eye on Davis and see if he was being doubled since Matthews was out or if every route he was doing was pretty much a long developing route like most of the garbage that is called.

This team also only had 23 pass attempts. And I think our TE's and Decker got most of the targets.

5. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

I'll agree for now. This Robiskie scheme and play calling is the problem. There's a lot of talent on offense but just not used right. People here have posted images and videos showing just no passing options for MM8. Now he's made lots of mistakes and has looked bad this year. But we've seen his abilities and what he can do its just weird this year Robiskie has gone away from the plays that he excels in. We need a new OC next season thats the bottom line.

6. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Dude, this feels bad. He hasn't shown anything to suggest that he's any better than Hunter yet. What a shame. We coulda had Jamal Adams too.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

With Mariota's recent INT issues, I think Robiskie called a very conservative game and wasn't going to risk much downfield.

Davis should see more opportunities next week. Getting Matthews back helps too.

8. CuseTitansFan

CuseTitansFan Starter

The expectation for a player who is in an offense he's never run before, didn't have an off-season, missed the first half of the regular season, has a QB who missed the entire off-season are insane.

Give him time to learn the offense so he can play fast and not worry about doing something wrong and also give him time to work with a healthy QB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

How hard is it to understand a basic offense ran by Mularkey?

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

shoulda been latt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar