Pick #76 of the 2017 NFL Draft: WR Taywan Taylor, Western Kentucky

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Would require going and making gifs and spending time doing so. We all have eyes and Google. My stance on the matter was more in contrast to a short game, small ball creator type WR.

It doesn't really matter if he falls down if his route already net him 7-8-9-10-25 yards. Is what it is.

His deep ball stuff is what intrigues me about him and his fit. That's a major factor in this offense.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

It's a press release tactic. In off- you should see the WR try to burst/run as fast as possible in an attempt to cause the cb to bail before he should, thus creating room to work.

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Nobody is giving up on sharpe. Nobody wants him cut. Or trades.

He simply isn't athletic enough to be a starter. That's all anyone's saying.

Sharpe as my #2? Heck no.

Sharpe as my #4? Very good.

That's a great value for a fifth. Most of them don't ever do squat.

Taylor should leave sharpe in the dust for the #3 spot early in camp.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Sharpes our longterm #2 still imo.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Yes, slipping is exactly why Wright sucked. Dude was like a deer on an ice skating rink! He tried way too hard to be elusive which usually lead to him falling down. If he just ran straight he'd pick up more yards than trying to circle around and falling down 3 yards back from where he started. He slipped so much, it was comical to watch when he had the ball in his hands because you just knew the slip was coming.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I'm sure everybody was complaining about him slipping when he put together a 1,000 yard season with crap at QB.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I still believe this short yardage creative WR is a position that you made up that actually has no business being in the NFL. Unless you're talking about Tyreek Hill or Coradelle Patterson, in which case I'll pass on a WR who averages 9 Ypc.

8. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Still don't understand why everyone is down on Sharpe after his rookie season. Sure he's limited athletically, but let's not forget the level of competition he had in college. His learning curve to get adjusted to the NFL will be steeper. Not saying he's a #1 or even a #2 receiver for us, but think he can be a solid contributor.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Exactly

10. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

If so, that means Davis and Taylor were both busts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar