Picking Locker over Kaepernick, biggest mistake this Titans ever made

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Lol smart. Yea of course his name wouldn't change, but the player on the field is what I'm referring to. What kind of production would he have had here

2. Clark

This is considering that Palmer was gonna run offense.. In his silly option pass first based offense kaepernick woulda looked entirely different. We wouldn't have pulled out the pistol, we wouldn't have done the option runs with kaepernick... We wouldn't have been creative because no one on the staff has been creative as it is.

Kaep doesn't anticipate throws.. They gotta be mad open before he releases the ball, imagine how well that woulda worked in an option based, pure anticipation offense?? Kaep is best against zone reads, the pistol/option QB run threat keeps those defenses vanilla.

3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I dont keep up with other teams like I do the Titans but I ran across this

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012...omparison-of-colin-kaepernick-and-alex-smith/

I was more curious so dug a little more.

Comparing their stats side by side, they are close this year too. Very close. Kaep averaged 2 more points per game.... Smith was more effective in the red zone (which may have been useful last night)

Personally I dont get it, its not like he came in and turned the team around or something.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

that's what I'm saying- just not clearly. We keep having him "attept" flat routes to KW to beef up both their stats. I'm not buying it. Locker hasn't been able to hit much of anything in any direction but it is as if he is being encouraged to make only the safest of throws- which he does poorly.

I'm pissed because our sub-par HC is married to Locker. Both of their fates are tied together. Going to be tough to get rid of either one of them without cleaning house. And honestly- I've seen enough to say Locker isn't going to ever be anything more than a game manager. We'd have seen it by now. It didn't Kaepernick but ONE GAME (his first start was MNF against the vaunted bears D) to know he has "it". Pre-injury Locker NEVER showed anything like that. And he never will IMO.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Clark

He didnt. He did change what defense would/could do and I think harbaugh was just more comfortable with the play calls. Smith didnt do jack to lose his job BUT even everything smith was doing, was out of a very well designed system for him.

Kaep took literally 6 snaps from under center yesterday... That's almost unheard of.

6. Clark

Lions game didnt show you anything?

Kaep is in a system that revolves around what he does best, he's a bad comparison for locker who was in a terrible offense the entire year. That falls in coaches. They didnt help him. 9ers made sure to develope a system in which Kaep thrived in... We forced locker into an offense he couldn't handle...

7. Clark

Im not saying that makes up for his accuracy and decision making troubles... But he has balled out before.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

:rimshot:

lol

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

F*ck no the Lions game didn't show me anything. Were they even an "average" team? We still almost gave that game away.

And I agree that Locker can't handle an offense that requires throwing accurately and making decisive pre-snap reads. You have some SERIOUS Locker rose-colored glasses on.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Remember, he spent last year being tutored by Andrew Luck. He would not have gotten that in Tennessee

o_O

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar