Piller is old, and slow....replacements?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

#90 Camp Fodder

We need to do something, he looks lost!

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Bell should replace him, unfortunately I don't see Pillar being replaced.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wonder how much difference it would have made if Pillar either was replaced or didnt make those holding penalties on key plays.

4. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

I got a new nickname for Pillar- velcro!!

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I'd like to see what the line would look like with Bell at guard and Stewart at RT. It's not like it could get any worse. :(

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I've been wary of Piller for a number of years now. Bell may be green, but he can't be any worse...

7. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I revisited a few of our running plays in the Saturday night game against Atlanta. I have TiVo and watched this one particular play in slow motion. Henry gets the handoff and runs up the middle. While he is still trying to pound through the D-line and linebackers, I see 3 of our O-linemen walking around in the backfield like the play is already over. Those linemen were #69 Pillar, #60 Bell, and #75 Olsen. Then Pillar realizes that Henry is still on his feet, trying to get a yard or two and rushes in to hit the pile of Falcons that are now on top of Henry who is now on his back. These guys were walking around looking at the sidelines while they should have been clearing a way for their teammate to get some yardage! That play resulted in a 3rd down and long, I believe. I don't really recall, because I was so astonished with the 3 linemen. The O-line is our weakest spot on the team. Our D-line did get some pressure on Vick from ONLY KVB, Haynesworth, and even Thornton. The other side is were Vick made most of his plays to. He is notorious for rolling out to the left side anyways. As long as they can get some help on that side, the D-line can be good. The O-line makes me sick after seeing that Henry run up the middle play... :irked:

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

ZERO Accountability

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

A pile of sand will suffice in his place.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

How about quicksand? May be on to something there....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar