Pitoitua still a first-teamer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Rookie season: Injured right away. ACL tear 2nd Season: Still recovering from ACL tear (2 year recovery period from that injury)Last year: Top 5 in QB pressures/Beast in the run game

You might say pressures don't count for anything, but because our DB's played so far off the line as soon as anyone got close there was always an easy outlet. Go watch the games over. Morgan was in the QB's face constantly without getting a sack because someone was always open right away. If not that we got no push up the middle and the QB would just step up in the pocket to avoid him.

Not only was he constantly getting pressure on the QB, he is a dominant run stuffer. Most of the big runs against us came either at Wimbleys side, or when Morgan was double teamed. I have very high expectations for Morgan this year and that's because he proved last year that he can be dominant.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

How has he proved to be dominant?

2 sacks against JAX? They have a terrible line, they are trying to fix it by taking a tackle in the first round.

Indy? Terrible line last year.

San Diego? Terrible line, took a tackle in the first last year also.

Against a banged up Pitt team?

How about the Jets?

Where has he displayed dominance over a team that has a good line? He hasn't, all he has shown is that he is a guy who can't finish plays. Losing 15 pounds may very well help, and I hope it does. I just can't help but feel that you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. Our line was awful last year but for some reason Morgan and Casey are tops in the league at their position.........okaaaaay.

3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I definitely LOVE Casey. He'll never put up Haynesworth sack numbers, but he is still a BEAST as an inside DT. He stuffs the run so damn well.. you ain't runnin' it that way son. I hope we keep Casey like this for the next 5+ years.

As for Morgan, I think it's fair that we can at least be "cautiously optimistic".

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

You guys get so hung up on sacks. There is more to being a great de than just one category. With the pressure that d morg brought if we had any sort of coverage or push up the middle I bet he would have had 10-15 sacks. That is a pretty decent year counting in his stoutness against the run. Anywho, sometimes pressures are just as good as sacks. If you can force a bad throw any sorts of things can happen. Interceptions, throw aways, or just generally throw off the timing of the play. Top 5 in pressures is no joke especially with how wide open receivers were just after the snap. That is where he proved his dominance.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Getting a sack is ending the play, getting pressure didn't do anything to guys like Cutler, Rogers, or Stafford. I could care less how much pressure we place on QB's like Gabbert.

Face it, Luck is going to get things his way, he is going to be a guy that we need to put on the ground well before he gets the ball off. Too many good QBs these days to just rely on pressure.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I hope Big Po can strat collapsing the RT and putting his hands up on passing downs.

He may not generate sacks but if he can get his 6'7 self in front of the QB's eye line then it should help Morgan on the weakside

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I haven't watched this guy play... that I know if. I'll hold off any judgements until I see him on the field. I'll be watching him pre-season for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar