PK: Transition to 3-4 Won't Take Time

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We tackled pretty well for the most part last year. That was the biggest improvement with the defense.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I would say the safety play was the biggest improvement

3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

And rushing more than 4 guys helped, thanks to Gregg. Opposing QBs have no idea who will be coming, and young guys like Geno crumbled.

Gregg1.jpg

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Gregg definitely helped a lot last year.

This is a talented staff and I'm confident they'll get it right.

I didn't expect the Colts to have such immediate success in 3-4 and I really doubted someone like Mathis would make the transition.. This showed me it's not as hard as we think. I have a lot of hope and faith we can have some success next year and continue to improve in years after.

I think coming from a 4-3, we're just not as well educated on a 3-4. It can clearly be done right in one single off-season

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We'll be fine. I was one of the guys fearful over the transition a while back but after everything I've read on our transition so far and seeing where each guy will play has eased my fears significantly. Really my only major concerns is our LB play. I have little concern over Casey moving to the 3-4, in fact, he could be even better.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

If your players fit well for your scheme. All the players on our roster was drafted because we liked them in our 4-3 scheme. Will they succeed in our new 3-4 scheme is the question.

For example, Wimbley did pretty well in a 3-4 scheme but sucked in our 4-3 scheme. Not all players transition well.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Dude its X's & O's, youre acting like these guys aren't already used to adjusting year after year.

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Then why has Wimbley struggled since switching over?

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He hasn't. We made a conscious move to "get bigger" and so he lost his job to a nimble 300 pounder in Ropati. Wimbley's role from 2012 to 2013 changed drastically, his snaps went from 910 to 352, he literally saw half the play-time as the year before. Can't hate Wimbley for the GM signing someone to compete for a DE job. Roos is in an almost similar spot right now, will he "struggle to adjust" too if Lewan out plays him this camp?

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Spot on RSB! Coming from the pathetic Jerry Gray defensive scheme, we can only get better in my eyes.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar