Place Your Bets Who Will Be Cut

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by imbread, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Soxcat i agree but that is an injured player who doesn't help the team in any way for weeks. He can't play special teams.

I'm guessing we will keep one of our cuts on the PS davis or P williams so we have the option to bring them up.

2. jfrancis04

jfrancis04 AKA jonboy_the_titan

Guys Roydell is definitley gone and here's why. Fisher said a lot was riding on how he performed against Green Bay. Roydell's numbers against GB: 0 catches 0 yards

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Don't think we are putting a Kicker on PS. And Chris Davis wouldn't be eligible would he? I thought he played too many games last year.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny is right davis played in 12 games last year and 9 is the threshold.

So it will be ealy or P williams as our WR on the PS then depending on who gets cut.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny, anyone? who would you cut and then who goes on the PS?

6. DJB

DJB Starter

Roydell looked like he had a pretty distinct limp just jogging to the sidelines

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cut chris henry loose?

He averaged 3.2 ypc this preseason. He does qualify for the PS but what more is he going to learn, what upside is there? He just turned 23 in june do we give up on him already?

Ganther seems like the better player, he can catch the ball some and can double as a FB in a pinch. Doesn't it make sense to keep ganther?

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

My Final 53:

QB (2): Young, Collins
    HB (3): White, Johnson, Ganther
    FB (1): Hall
    TE (4): Crumpler, Scaife, Stevens, Petrowksi (Blakely a hard cut)
    WR (6): Gage, McCareins, Jones, R.Williams, Hawkins, Ealy
    OL (8): Roos, Amano, Mawae, Scott, Stewart, Loper, Harris, Otto

DE (5): VandenBosch, Kearse, Ford, Hayes, Conover
    DT (4): Haynesworth, Brown, Jones, Johnson
    LB (7): Bulluck, Thornton, Fowler, Tulloch, Keglar, Allred, Stamer
    CB (5): Harper, Finnegan, King, Hill, Cole
    S (5): Griffin, Hope, Lowry, Carr, Fuller

K (1): Bironas
    P (1): Hentrich
    LS (1): Amato

Practice Squad (8):
    Omar Cuff
    Fernando Velasco
    Cary Williams
    Tony Joiner

+ 4 from other teams cuts

I think Henry doesn't make it. Can't see him fetching anything in a trade either.

I think they like Joiner. I wouldn't be surprised if they try and move someone like Hill for a receiver to upgrade the back end of our receiver group, and keep Joiner on the active roster. Both Carr and Fuller are CB/S hybrids so dropping Hill would be less than catastrophic.

I'd like to see the Titans offer Hill and a 5th for someone like Domenik Hixon from the Giants.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If R. Williams isn't going to improve from a health standpoint, I don't see how the team keeps him if they find anything they like on the waiver wire. He may make the final 53 but it could only be for the weekend. He looks to be is so much pain out there. I really feel for the guy because he was beginning to show us something last season.

Ganther's special teams play may have been a deciding factor last night if they keep Henry or not.

I still think the Titans keep Ball. I've changed my mind on Allred and think the last two games has made him a keeper. I think Paul Williams will stick as the gunner but Ealy will go to the PS and Davis is gone.

I think we'll see a few of our cuts on other rosters this season.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

They really should never have activated Roydell from the PUP. Another 6 weeks is exactly what he needs. If he got cut, he may not pass another team's physical, so it is not beyond the realms of possibility that he gets cut and we re-sign him at some point this season.

I think, when healthy, he is our best receiver.

Ball and Conover is a toss-up. Neither guy is going to see a lot of time. Ford looks very good and Hayes has shown some flashes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar