Play of Finnegan Allows Griffin Move to Free Safety

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans rookie Michael Griffin could not get into the starting lineup at CB due to the play of Cortland Finnegan. But his standout play on special teams got him the opportunity to move back to free safety where he played in college. He played well against the Raiders, replacing second-year player Calvin Lowry, who started the team's first six games. "We just felt like we owe it to the defense to get the best players on the field," Coach Jeff Fisher said. "Griff had been working against the offense on the practice field for the last month or so, so we just felt like it was time to give him a shot. It had nothing to do with the way Calvin (Lowry) was playing. ... But Griff is a special athlete."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Boo ya!!!

[​IMG]

3. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Griffin= Playmaker

Lowry= safeplayer.

We needed a playmaker back there. Glad JF stopped being stubborn.

4. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Yeah this story basically tells me Lowry got the shaft.

Yo Calvin your good but Griffs better bye.

Uhhh okay whatever

5. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Since that play in houston, when he went for the interception and not for the tackle, i guess you are back in tha back of the bus!!

6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Thats just wrong. Calvin is a good kid and a good player. I hope, even if as a back up, that he stays with us for a while. He is getting better. When his confidence catches up to his abilities, he'll be very good...

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Fish said on his show yesterday that this move "isn't permanent".

8. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

He must have been drinking when he said that! Cause they shouldn't mess with Griffin and his spot!!!

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

One thing that bothers me about this whole thing is that Finny is the number 2 CB. To me, he is the CLEAR cut number 1 CB head and shoulders above Harper. Are we missing something that say Harper is good enough to be the number 1 CB?

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, hopefully next year we'll have Finnegan, Hope, Griffin, and Pacman as our starting four...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar