Players Availiable via Trade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think the Eagles have the chips when it comes to trading for a proven WR. They, like us, have lots of cap space and are desperate for a #1 WR. They made a play for Fitzgerald and they probably haven't given up on that. If they can't get him, they may turn to Roy Williams.

The Eagles are apparently offering Lito Sheppard and a high draft pick (both the Cards and Lions could really use a decent CB). I don't think our offer of Pacman and a high draft pick is better than what the Eagles can offer.

We'll probably have to wait and see what the Eagles end up doing and then make a move (if we even make one, which I don't think we will).

Best case scenario for us would be to see the Cards trade Fitz to the Eagles and then the Lions get desperate and realize that there aren't many takers left for Roy.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I would settle for trading a #1 and Pac for either Fitz or Williams. Both teams need a CB. Be nice if the league would quit donkeying us and reinstate him.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

exactly... Obviously Pacman could be great trade bait. Before his suspension I think a straight trade CB for WR could have happened, now it's gonna be tough. I've been thinking we'd need to package him - maybe a 2nd rounder + Pac + a guy like King or Lowry - especially if we did pull in Eugene Wilson to be a S/NB. I could see a team hurting in the secondary taking that deal, and it wouldn't hurt us.

4. mttitan

mttitan Guest

ESPN news just reported that Fitz and the Cardinals are father away from restructuring the contract than ever before. But according to ESPN rumor central, the eagles are the leading canidate for a trade.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Eagles are trying to make one more run until the post McNabb era.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

PFT says the Panthers might be willing to move Julius Peppers. I don't see this happening, but it's something to dream about.

7. stylistic561

stylistic561 Guest

fitzgerald is one of the few people i would not be mad at titans FO for throwing in pac to sweeten a deal....fitz on the titans would be nasty....i think itd finally solidify our offense and put us up there easily with the rest of the afc

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:pant:

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Payton has nightmares that look better than: Kearse/Peppers, Haynesworth, Vanden Bosch. Ouch.

10. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Hasn't there been talks of Parcells getting Taylor out of Miami?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar