Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Players Come to Defense of Collins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. goTitans.com A living legend.

Moolah:
    $0
    SUMMARY: Despite criticism of his game Sunday, many Titans players are coming to the defense of QB Kerry Collins. "The errant throws that he had in the game, the few that he had, there was a guy right in his face or someone with a hand against his helmet or something like that," WR Drew Bennett said. "It is not fair to pin it on Kerry." Coach Fisher says there is not QB controversy and that Collins will start Sunday and beyond. "Kerry Collins could have had a similar game, but if we made a couple of more plays on defense, or didn't give up a couple of plays, he could be a hero today," said LB Keith Bulluck.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.
  2. Ewker Starter

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $2,000
    dang even the players are starting to sound like Fisher..woulda,shoulda coulda
  3. Brian Big Fan

Moolah:
    $0
    Bennett should have said, "Don't let my stats fool you. You can pin this loss on me. The drop on the opening drive was huge. We had a great drive going until I screwed it up. My effort on the deep sideline pass that was intercepted by someone three feet shorter than me was a disgrace. I'm embarrassed by my continued inconsistancy"
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,361
    blame Teflon, they ruined Drews hands.
  4. Slackmaster Starter

Moolah:
    $2
    Kerry will never be a hero on the Titans.

With a little luck he will be "lost for the season" and the healing can begin.
  5. Riverman Dread the red

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,494
    Yeah, blaming the coach is like cussing your boss. A quick trip to a desk cleaning.
  6. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,294
    So now one drop scewed up the whole game? The int at first looked like a lack of effort but when I saw a replay from a different angle it was obviously out of Bennett's range. How about Bennetts fantastic catch in the last drive? I'm not defending Bennett completely but he didn't lose the game for the Titans. The best player on the field Sunday for the Titans was Nugent. Without his inconsistency we wouldn't be trying to pin this lose on one dropped pass.
  7. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,833
    Dang it soxcat!

Don't you know that it was collins' vet leadership and experience that intimidated the opposing kicker to miss three times? Football is a mental game!

Brian's attempt to make this a blame drew discussion will never hold water. Collins sucked and every knows that except jeff fisher.

Jeff fisher is an idiot!
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,361
    You are welcome to leave Roll. No one is forcing you to be a fan.
  8. moose4now Starter

Moolah:
    $55
    Correct.

Everyone should try and not just look at the Final Score of the game. The game wasn't that close. The Jets may have been just as inept as we were on Sunday. But, the only reason we were in that game was that they were as inept as we were.

But, their miskakes came in the scoring zone.

And, that made the game close.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.