Players Come to Defense of Collins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It is all about getting a WIN! People would have cheered madly if Collins had gotten the win. But unfortunately for him, he didn't and he looked bad.

Most of the fans chanting Volek would have immediately become Collins fans after the first series if he had not have looked so rusty and confused.

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

It doesn't help when guys like Bennett, Troupe, and Brown are dropping everything...

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Maybe they're dropping Collins passes because they're not used to his throws.

That's what camps and preseason is do, let the recievers get used to the type of ball the QB throws, his speed, english, etc.

Fisher deserves the boo's, for making our season opener a preseason game for Collins and the receivers to work on their timing, INSTEAD of putting the best QB in to give us a chance to win.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

No it doesn't. Even worse, it doesn't help Collins' case when he comes in with only 3 weeks to work out some rapport and he is thrown in front of 65,000 fans that haven't seen over 3 home wins in a year.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

We had 69,000 there Sunday. :cool:

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I noticed a couple of the drops players looking at there hands and then back at Collins like they were not expecting so much mustard on the ball or something. I think with Volek we probably would have been in the game and would have scored before the 4th.

The timing was my main concern. It just seems like in the future analysts will use our team as an example of what not to do to motivate a team to win. Players are coming out to defend Collins but less then a week ago they were asking Volek "are they really doing this to you?". And Fisher is out saying we are not here to play to Voleks feelings we are here to win. Did he really think that Collins with that little practice was our best chance to win. The entire situation is mind boggling.

7. Toly

Toly Free your mind

What did you expect? You were one of many people bashing Volek because he "supposedly" had a poor preseason and how the Titans always suck when Volek is the starting QB. Now that Collins starts and looks bad, suddenly it's the fault of the OL, players dropping passes, no running game and the inability of the D to stop the pass. It's almost as if the Titans didn't have any of these problems until the minute poor Collins started the game. Give me a break. McNair faced the same issues last year and so did Volek in preseason, but I guess it was easier to simply say that Volek sucked and blame everything on him.

Collins looked lost and slow out there. He had the same expression Neo had when Morpheus explained him what the Matrix was. He will probably improve with more practice time, but it was simply a bad coaching move to start a washed up QB that had less than two weeks of practice. Don't be discourage, though, it will probably be much worse this sunday.

8. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Forget about the pre-season then... What about last year? and the year before that? and before that? Keep on going.... I was simply stating what I and everybody else saw on Sunday. Volek has been bad for years not just this year. Remember the Bengals at home last year? What about the Arizona game..... He's always been bad. Sure Collins is going to face some of the same problems that Volek did. Let's face it, our team isn't very good.
    I still don't think Volek would've have done as well as Collins. Volek is a choker. He's choked in almost every close game he's ever been in as a pro. I wouldn't look for things to change any time soon.

He looked lost after Bennett let that goose egg go between his hands while going across the middle. As did I.

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

:lol2:

10. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Timing and being used to the QBs passes...anyone remember Volek to Jones against Green Bay....hey im not all against collins, but clearly he wasnt quite 100% comfotable in our offense and with his recievers, i would have put Volek in and see what he could do for us...and then when we were by the goal line put Vince in...who knows but thats just my opinion...and hey guys can't we all just get along?! We're fellow Titans fans and if you aren't a fan im sure you're welcome here just dont bash other members...and if you arent a fan i dont know why you would be here anyway but hey who knows

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar