Players Come to Defense of Collins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Asking somebody to leave because they are basically trolling and possibly hasn't said anything positive in three years is not a personal attack. It is a suggestion.
    :sad2:

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Roll, don't talk to me about being a real fan.

I don't see you getting up at 3am to listen (or watch) the Titans. Then again I suppose these days sleep is becoming more neccessary for those old bones.

And a real fan doesn't get his hard ons by bashing the team.

Quote me where I have ever said that.

Oh wait, you can't because I never said it.

Once again RollTide resorts to BS to make a point.
    Typical Tide speak :rolleyes:

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sorry fun police. :sad2:

I guess over the last century you haven't gotten a sense of humour
    :sad2:

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

I see he didn't mention his lack of heart on the Dyson INT where he gave up on the play.

5. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Am I having a deja vu or what? You bashed Volek on another thread stating all kind of things that weren't true. I thought you realized that. But here you are again, making up the same things that are simply not true. Apparently you dislike this guy with a passion, so I'm not going stand between that.

ummm, ok. I'm going to assume that you just realized that. Better later than never.

Volek was in two close games in the '03 season - the last season when games actually meant something for the Titans. They won both of those games.

So what is your point? Are you saying that Collins overall performance is the result of one drop pass?

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Exactly what kind of defense were they throwing out there for Collins, we might be able to use it. Was it a 4-3?

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

My comment on Collins is that he was hot and cold. I wasn't near as drunk as I have been at prior games, but there were a few where he looked like a real pro. I thought that ad-lib shuffle pass forward was pretty cool. I hated that one he fired at the Jets sideline about 8 feet over everyones head. I posted before the game that I expected him to "marginally suck". That is what we got. Now, take a hard long look in the mirror. For the sake of argument lets assume that Volek=Collins and Collins = Volek ... ok? Can we just agree they are each as poor as the other? just for a second? making that assumption and looking around that the other 21 postions... honestly, Collins didn't blow the game. He just did not win it. Neither did anyone else. It's that &*%$#@! simple.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

gotta agree with that

still Collins was put in an awful position by Reese and Fisher. Reese for getting him on the team and Fisher for starting him over the entrenched starter Volek.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

plain and simple The Titans had a better chance of winning with Volek as the starting QB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar