Players who could be cut due to their teams 2007 cap constraints

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

If Zach Thomas becomes available, we need to snatch him up yesterday. He would be a huge addition to the defense.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Sorry.. too tempting.

[​IMG]

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

hahaha... I like that. Reminds me of something I would post. :ha:

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I know..
    I was thinking "what! no comment by BP"

i was surprised i beat you to it.

[​IMG]

5. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Could be, but with his injury concerns, he can't be counted on to be a starter, let alone even to stay on the roster. I certainly wouldn't pay someone big money if I couldn't count on them to play the majority of snaps over the course of a season. But there probably are a few imprudent GMs out there who would take the gamble. And who knows, it may even pay off for someone.

More than likely, he'll get a one-year deal with someone, like KVB and Tank did coming off their injuries. If he works out fine, if not, you haven't committed a lot of your salary cap.

6. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

One thing everyone should note about the salaries listed in the first post of the thread (and also on the nflpa site). Those are only the base salaries; the figures do not include the players' prorations, or any incentive, roster, or option bonuses.

The actual salary cap burden of those players is higher to their respective teams.

7. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

:rotfl:

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

McCallisoar?

No thanks after the comments about Eddie. Only reason he should be on the team is to get Young water.

9. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I'd rather have Kevin Carter back than Jevon. KC is more diverse, can play DT if needed as well, and is a HUGE character guy. Imagine if we brought him AND Robaire back in successive years? Awesome.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I dunno. He's not getting any younger.

I think Justin McCareins may be done in New York. And I seem to remember reading something about Shockey as well. Not sure if it is a contract with voidable years, or what. Something to keep an eye on. Think I read both on tcentral, but I've been thinking about McCariens all season since Jerricho Cotchery emerged. I'm pretty sure he's going to hit the market. Not sure I'd want him back, though. It's greatly debateable as to who is more valuable, him or Drew. We've been down that fork once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar