Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Players who could be cut due to their teams 2007 cap constraints

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Vince10 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    If Zach Thomas becomes available, we need to snatch him up yesterday. He would be a huge addition to the defense.
  2. PitBull Bred to Brawl

Moolah:
    $8
    Sorry.. too tempting.

[IMG]
  3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Verner
    Moolah:
    $327
    hahaha... I like that. Reminds me of something I would post. :ha:
  4. PitBull Bred to Brawl

Moolah:
    $8
    I know..
    I was thinking "what! no comment by BP"

i was surprised i beat you to it.

[IMG]
    • Staff / Moderator

A.D. Thank you, Bud. R.I.P.

McNair
    Could be, but with his injury concerns, he can't be counted on to be a starter, let alone even to stay on the roster. I certainly wouldn't pay someone big money if I couldn't count on them to play the majority of snaps over the course of a season. But there probably are a few imprudent GMs out there who would take the gamble. And who knows, it may even pay off for someone.

More than likely, he'll get a one-year deal with someone, like KVB and Tank did coming off their injuries. If he works out fine, if not, you haven't committed a lot of your salary cap.
    • Staff / Moderator

A.D. Thank you, Bud. R.I.P.

McNair
    One thing everyone should note about the salaries listed in the first post of the thread (and also on the nflpa site). Those are only the base salaries; the figures do not include the players' prorations, or any incentive, roster, or option bonuses.

The actual salary cap burden of those players is higher to their respective teams.
  5. cdy_hitt Senior...

Moolah:
    $0
    :rotfl:
  6. Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Moolah:
    $21
    McCallisoar?

No thanks after the comments about Eddie. Only reason he should be on the team is to get Young water.
  7. Banshee2 Guest

I'd rather have Kevin Carter back than Jevon. KC is more diverse, can play DT if needed as well, and is a HUGE character guy. Imagine if we brought him AND Robaire back in successive years? Awesome.
  8. GLinks Titans on the Rise

Moolah:
    $670
    I dunno. He's not getting any younger.

I think Justin McCareins may be done in New York. And I seem to remember reading something about Shockey as well. Not sure if it is a contract with voidable years, or what. Something to keep an eye on. Think I read both on tcentral, but I've been thinking about McCariens all season since Jerricho Cotchery emerged. I'm pretty sure he's going to hit the market. Not sure I'd want him back, though. It's greatly debateable as to who is more valuable, him or Drew. We've been down that fork once.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.