Players who have won you over/let you down?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Who are some NFL players you either had doubts about or disliked for any reason that eventually won you over? And who did you have high hopes for that made you scream?

Ill start.

Cam Newton. Respected his game at Auburn, wasn't so sure about him as a franchise QB, but since he's come in to the NFL I've been a fan. What many thought to be a hooligan in college really turned it around in the pros.

And a guy I loved in college that Im bummed blew it; Maurice Claret from Ohio St.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Dez Bryant. I used to see him throwing a fit on the sidelines and it really turned me off. Then he was mic'd up one game and he was really just trying to get his team going.

Willie Parker. It was championship week in fantasy football. I needed Willie Parker to get something like 3 points to win all the marbles. First carry of the game he loses two yards and breaks his leg. **** that guy.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

I was really rooting for the Longhorn WR I beleive the year after VY was drafted. I forget his name. Went to the Steelers.

Just looked it up as I was posting,It was Limas Sweed.

Edit: One player I wanted to fail was Tony Romo. Me and a buddy are BIG madden players. We used to play on PC back on Madden 06/07 time. My friend is a Boys fan. Bledsoe got injured one game and so did whoever the backup was. In comes Tony Romo. We were like who is this? Look at his stats, he didn't even have a single completion in the NFL. He became an occurring joke between us. Low and behold this guy becomes the face of the franchise.

#3 The Bukafax, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
  4. JCBRAVE

Ohh yea me too Lima Sweed, what a bummer he ended up being

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Won me over... Nobody jumps out.

Disappointed me... Jane locker obviously...

Another two... Joey Harrington and Tim couch. I would have bet money on those two succeeding. Couch especially. Those ariel duels with Manning in college were awesome.

6. kstone

kstone Starter

All of the Titans first round picks from 03-07.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

I thought Michael Vick was going to be electric, but now that his career is just about finished, I think it's safe to say he did not flourish and succeed the way I thought he would. I mean when we're kids and we see a type of player like Vick who has the flash and can bomb it as well as has the speed to burn you with his legs and is one of the fastest guys in the league, can anyone honestly say they weren't a fan of his coming out of college. Decent football QB, one of the greatest madden QB's of all time.

Player who surprised me and won me over that I found myself rooting for is Tony Romo. I think he's the most underrated QB of all time. I can't count how many times I've heard people say if the Cowboys had a decent QB they would win the Superbowl. Cowboys fans don't realize what a gem Tony Romo is. I love how he always has haters and still finishes top 10 in every statistic that matters for QB. I always wanted to trade for Romo. Love him.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

My Cowboys fan friend is like that. Always pissed at Tony Romo. Complains how bad he is and that they need a better qb. Guess some people are so spoiled that a Top 10 qb just isn't enough these days.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Hard for me to remember the ones that have disappointed me- I just forget them.

Hated Manning in college. Won my respect as a player with his work ethic.

Didn't like Marshawn Lynch at first and with Bills but liked him ever since he was "just about that action boss". I like his media shenanigans and how he runs.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. JCBRAVE

Cowboys did well by cutting his throws in half almost last year, Im not so sure he's underrated because they finally made the playoffs when his role was reduced...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar