Players you don't want drafted at #10

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by edward nigma, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

It was Clay Travis I believe

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The hate? Because I don't think he's that great of a cover corner.

Pure and simple. He's no Rhodes or Trufant.

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Mingo
    Vaccaro
    Warmack
    Richardson
    Patterson
    Floyd

4. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Dee Miliner is no Desmond Trufant.....I guess that's technically correct. One will be selected top 7, the other in the second round.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I can't believe all the Milliner hate, I think he's going to be a great corner. So is Trufant IMO.

Anyways, my list:

1. Rhodes
    2. Patterson
    3. Austin
    4. Vaccaro
    5. Mingo
    6. Werner

I actually wouldn't mind Ansah at all. I see a lot of JPP in him.

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

That's a weak argument. Is Mingo better than Quenterrus Smith of Western Kentucky? I'd say no but they will be selected rounds apart.

I have little doubt Trufant will end up the better pro. Milliner will go be Kareem Jackson for someone.

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I think Jordan can work in our defense and is scheme diverse for when we mix up looks. He can rush and cover. You find ways to utilize a guy with his skills. My only concern is his durability he could be the Darren McFadden of DE/LB.

8. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

It's not my argument. It's the argument of people who know what the hell they are doing. Just saying that Milliner is Kareem Jackson is about as weak an argument as there is. You may feel that way, that's fine but scouts and front office personnel don't. Why don't they? I realize they can be wrong, but they're right about this stuff more than fans. Trufant could very well be the bees knees four years from now, but from the people that I read, he's not had rave reviews. And I don't see him going in the first round. Obviously Milliner is going top ten for a reason.

And you think Quenterrus Smith is better than Mingo....if you get that right, you're wasting your talents on a message board.

9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

The draft is such an inexact science. We all have opinions mine is that Trufant is a better corner than Milliner. Well see if I'm right a few years from now but it doesn't make me wrong to go against the grain and not blindly follow scouts and take their word as the end all be all.

It's like if I made this argument a few years ago that Rodgers is a better QB than Smith but you reply well everyone else who gets paid money will tell you its Smith. Its weak.

Smith before his ACL injury was a better DE than Mingo. We'll see if he regains that form but I'm confident saying that. 3 sacks against Fluker is no joke. Mingo had only 1.5 more sacks than that on the year. Will Mingo blossom in the NFL yeah maybe, depends how bad he wants it.

10. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Yeah, you would look pretty good yelling Rodgers over Smith in 2005, but were you? How is it weak referring to an analyst/GM? Arguments from people on message borads, doing their own evaluations isn't weak? I do it, we all like to take part in it. I've gone against the popular opinion on a few of these guys, it's just opinion.

No one is wrong on any player before we know what that player is going to be. Some analysts have better reputations than others, and a better feel for talent when it comes to this stuff, and I pay close attention to what they have to say. Sometimes I completley agree, as is the case with Trufant. Sometimes I don't, as is the case with Geno Smith, Cordarelle Patterson, and etc.

But it is pretty easy for you to jump to the Smith / Rodgers comparison....however, I'm not seeing Trufant panning out as the Rodgers in this scenario. And I'm not saying he won't be a good corner in the league; I just don't think he's going to go as high as some believe. And in no way, shape, or form do I consider him an option for the Titans at pick ten.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar