Playoff Implication Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Tennessee clinches a playoff berth with:

1) TEN win + CIN loss or tie + DEN loss + KC win

2. Sledge

Sledge Guest

We can win, but it'll be tough. NE is 5-1 on the road. Pittsburgh, a proud franchise and playing the role of spoiler, can sick Willie Parker on the Bengals and pull it out... KC at home in December? Practically unbeatable. It's the Jags, but they're reeling. If they stop LJ, they win. If not, it's up to Green and the gang... Now, the problem. Broncos play the Niners at Invesco. Needing a win to make the playoffs, I think the Broncos win, unfortunately, unless out of nowhere Frank Gore plays his best game ever... It'll be tough, but it'll be stressful as heck for us Titans fans...

3. Duby27

Duby27 Starter

I hear ya. I live in Pittsburgh and everyone is all about them Steelers. I hate Pittsburgh and I wish that the Titans would play here and smoke them so everyone in Pittsburgh would shut the f*** up about how great they are.

4. Duby27

Duby27 Starter

I hear ya. I live in Pittsburgh and everyone is all about them Steelers. I hate Pittsburgh and I wish that the Titans would play here and smoke them so everyone in Pittsburgh would shut the f*** up about how great they are.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Another way to say it:

• Tennessee can clinch a playoff berth with:
    1. A win and a Cincinnati loss or tie AND a Denver loss and a Kansas City win

Regardless of what Jets do next week against Oakland if all 4 of the following happen we get spot.

1. Titans beat NE
    2. Pittsburgh beats or ties Cincinnati
    3. San Francisco beats Denver
    4. Kansas City beats Jacksonville

If Oakland beats Jets next week, I don't have any idea.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

7. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Playoff situation?

OK, Star, SEC or anyone that can explain(not guess) why does it matter to us/Titans if KC or the Fags win? We are ahead of both in the seedings so I would just like to know why this game matters as long as we beat the Pats of course?

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

It eliminates Denver coupled with a Denver loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar