Playoff Implication Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

re-read the link for tie breaker.

"Three or More Clubs
    (Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format)."

That screws us on a tie with the Jets. They have to lose out.

2. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Ok If Denver wins then......

we get the 5th seed if

1) Denver loses to SF, and KC wins both games. 2)Jets lose both 3)Steelers lose to Ravens 4)Steelers beat Bengals

or

1)same 2)Jets only lose 1 game 3)Steelers win both games

we can get the 6th seed if

1)Denver loses to SF, and KC wins both games 2) Steelers lose to Baltimore, and beat Cincinatti

or

1)same 2)Jets lose both 3)Steelers lose 1 game

or

1)Steelers win both 2)Jets only lose 1.

***note that ANY scenario needs 1 Jaguar loss*****

I believe those are the only scenarios that we can get in.

A Broncos win would be much better than a Bengals win, but of course it may not even matter if we can't beat the Bills first.

3. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

The main thing i'm unsure about is let's say we're tied, like Rolltide said, with the Jets and Chiefs, 1)When we go to conference record....do the Chiefs drop off due to the lowest Conf record, and then Titans-Jets go back to a 2 team tie breaker......................OR 2)since no team would have the best Conf. record, do all 3 of us go to the next step which would be strength of victory??????

The scenarios I posted have to do with #1...so if #2 is correct then those scenarios need to be fixed.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Despite the fact that the odds are so much against us, and we will need alot of things to go our way to reach the playoffs, keep in mind that the last time a 9-7 team made the playoffs was cleveland in 2002. Its not very common. Lets hope for good luck.. we sure have been getting alot of it lately.

Luck also made Schwartzie look like a genius last week.

5. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

With current records (assuming we win out) and potential games
    Titans 9-7 W at Buf/W vs NE Buf Loss Eliminates them
    Jags 9-7 W vs NE/L at KC
    Den 9-7 W vs Cin/ L vs SF
    Jets 9-7 L at Mia/ W vs Oak
    Cin 8-8 L at Den/L vs Pit
    Pit 8-8 L vs Bal/ W at Cin
    KC 9-7 W at Oak/ W vs Jax

That would put us and the Jets* in the playoffs that is the best scenario possible.

*Ten 6th seed, Jets 5th seed KC knocks out Denver, We knock out Jax and the Jets and Titans have better CONFERENCE records. So if you are scoreboard watching this is the best scenario possible, with the exception of the jets they could flip flop losses or lose both. If they lose both KC is 6th seed Ten is 5th.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

aye aye aye my head is spinning.

7. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Man......sunday couldn't come soon enough

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, I am probably quite confused by all that. It's easy to get lost, but here's what I can debunk:

They have the Steelers ranked ahead of us now with the same record. I don't think it gets any better if they win out.

Conference records come first, then division, I thought, so if we're tied with Denver, who has a conference record you can't touch, you either want them to win and help cause Cincy's downfall, or lose all out.

Wasn't head to head on the list before conf/div records? That's why I thought we can't be tied with the Jets.

But whatever. However it works. As long as it does what it does.

"I'm gonna make it do what it do now, baby." -- Jamie Foxx as Ray Charles.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That was my interpretation. The other thing is, let them win out, but I haven't thought that through -- depends on how it affects Denver, Cincy and Pittsburgh.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I still think you need two of either the Jets, Bengals and Broncos to lose two, and the Steelers to lose one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar