Playoff Implication Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I think we should consider the Jets a lock as a WC. Jets play Miami and Oakland... They'll be 10-6

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think Miami can take them. Really. Pressure from that D. They can't take this game off. Jets strength is not the run, it's the pass. Also, Oakland has the best pass defense in the NFL.

If someone thinks we can take #6 with the Jets winning out, please tell me.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Miami and Oakland won't be easy.

Miami would love to spoil a division playoff possibility.

Oakland may do it with their defense.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Again, aside from head-to-head, conference record is the next highest determining factor. This is why we cannot tie with Denver. It's also why Cincinnati must lose (aren't they at 6-4 conference?). Since Denver and Cincinnati play each other, and we can't tie either of them on conference record, that's why we want two teams to lose out, and Pittsburgh to lose one. It has to be Denver or Cincy that gets in, because one is assured of one victory, and we can tie neither. That's why I want the Bengals and Jets to lose. Denver takes #5. Pitt loses one, we're in. This part is clear to me. The other scenarios.....uhhh. Getting....hard.....to....think.

5. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

^^^^
    A tie with the steelers and the Jets puts us ahead of both of them, because head to head won't matter, and we all would have the same conference records, so it would go to strength of victory(which we are leading as of now.) head to head would not matter in this situation because its a 3 team tie and the Jets would need a head-to-head sweep over us and the steelers.

Denver winning does not automatically put them in, because if the Chiefs tie their record, they have a better division record, and will knock them out of the picture.

6. The Jets are the biggest worry, they have to lose to both the phins and the raiders, and I think the chances of them losing to the raiders are very slim, they could be the team that eliminates us out of contention...

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I dunno, Raiders aren't so bad on Defense, could win them a game.

8. They're 26th against the run, they live off their agressive defense to cause turnovers, that's whats helped them...

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Quote:

"The teams you want to root for in week 16 are: New England, Miami, and Baltimore."

Those wins shouldn't be that difficult..
    So apparently its not as bad as we think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar