Playoff scenario

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2009/12/16/1203636/push-for-a-playoff-miracle-who-we?ref=yahoo

Week 15 games (roughly in order of decreasing importance):
    Dolphins at Titans: Titans... not that I needed to tell you that. But a loss this week eliminates us: we would finish at best 8-8; Denver and Miami would finish 8-8 at worst, and we lose the tiebreaker to both (by conference record).
    Colts at Jaguars: Colts. We need the Jags to lose twice in order to pass them. Luckily for us, they play Indy and then NE, and we really need them to lose both of those games, as they close at Cleveland. (Indy plays the Jets next week, so here's hoping they choose to pursue 16-0 instead of resting everybody.)
    Bears at Ravens: Bears. They're the Ravens, so we generally want them to lose anyways. But they also need to lose two of their last three in order for Tennessee to pass them. Their last two games are at Pittsburgh and at Oakland.
    Falcons at Jets: Falcons. The Jets, too, must lose two of their last three in order for us to pass them, OR the Titans, Dolphins, and Jets must all finish with the same record (in which case we win the tiebreaker, as the Dolphins-Jets intradivisional tie is resolved first and the Fins win that). But I'd feel better about it if they just went ahead and lost two. Their last two are at Indy and home versus Cincinnati.
    Packers at Steelers: Packers. The Steelers need to lose just one more to finish behind us. They play Baltimore next week, and we need them to beat the Ratbirds, so best they get their loss here (and hopefully a bad one so they're PO'ed when Baltimore comes calling). The Steelers finish at Miami.
    Patriots at Bills: Pats. The Patriots would have to lose all of their last three in order for us to pass them. And we need them to beat Jacksonville, so that's not really in our best interest. Nor do we want another team near the 9-7 quagmire to potentially mess things up... it's best they go ahead and win the East. Their last game is at Houston.
    Raiders at Broncos: Raiders. The Broncos need to lose all of their last three for us to pass them, and given their remaining schedule (they travel to Philly, but finish at home versus KC), it's not likely to happen. But we can hope, right?
    Bengals at Chargers: Chargers. While it's unlikely that they'll completely secure the #2 seed this week (not only must they win, the Bills and the Raiders must also win for that to happen), it would be almost certainly theirs... a fact which would hopefully drain a little bit of their motivation when they come to visit us.
    Texans at Rams: Rams. We don't need the Texans to lose any more, as we own the tiebreaker over them (better divisional record). But still, I wouldn't complain if it happened.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Bears are a hit or miss each week, and I can truly see them beating the Ravens.

3. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Actually, i'm rooting for the Bengals. If the Bengals lose, their battle for the 2 seed is over and the most they could be playing for in week 17 is the 3 seed vs the 4 seed.... which means its probable they would rest players(against the Jets). If they win this week the battle for the first round bye likelt goes til week 17 and they actually try to beat the Jets.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. LegolElf

LegolElf Camp Fodder

Either way, I feel that if Titans win and Bears beat Ravens we are still alive. I'm not worried about the rest of the scenarios at this point. I have a gut feeling this might actually happen, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

5. mdfan

mdfan Starter

6. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

As optimistic as I'd like to be, we're going to need A LOT for us to get in the playoffs. Technically, we're not mathematically eliminated just yet, but we're going to need the football god's to smile upon us to pull this off!

One can only hope!

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Really good point. I agree.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

9. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Well considering the football gods shat on us for the first 6 weeks, it's time for payback. :yes:

10. dlew

dlew Jeff Fisher is my homeboy

It's a long shot...but if the Titans take care of business it's possible. I don't think anyone would want to face our team if we did make it in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar