playoffs???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GMITTS, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I expected us to get turnovers last time out as well (Texans). But I too think if we stop the run we have a chance. Come on Jim. Do something good this week.

2. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

I was actually starting to think that the Jaguars could end up being Vince's Kryptonite. Much like Tamba bay is to Michael Vick.

But here are some stats that give me hope for a much better performance than last time.

First time around against HOU and Indi

17 of 36 for 150 yards, 47% completion, 1 TD, 1 INT, 87 yds rushing, 2 rushing TD

2nd time around

34 of 54 for 381 yards, 62% completion, 2 TD, 3 INT, 164 yds rushing, 1 rushing TD

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

hard to make any assessment after one game.

4. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

So for this week.....
    Go Titans!
    Go Panthers!
    Go Bills!
    Go Chargers!
    Go Cardinals!
    Go Vikings!
    Go Colts!

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If we win, the playoff scenarios get better, if we lose, no more discussion. We'll see how it looks on monday.

6. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

I don't see Cincy losing out, but the other scenarios are all plausible. It all hinges on the Titans' own performance.

7. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

I think if the Titans win, they will have a more realistic chance at the playoffs. I know thats a mundane point but the 'magic' that surrounds this team as of late, has me thinking of the 1996 Jags that made the playoffs after some insurmountable odds. (I live in Jax so I know how crazy it was). All that being said I was at the game Sunday and J-Ville just manhandled the colts they won the battle in the trenches both sides of the ball. They had Peyton looking sheepish, that wont happen to Young, but the run game has to do better than Indy's, also they tried the eight in the box againest Jax last meeting and Garrard passed well. (true there was no Jones) But they just have to keep it close and they will pull it out. And after all that I do believe that this can be a heckuva run that I dont want to see stopped this week it has been a way too fun season that I and many of you never expected, but I also predicted before the season between 7-9/8-8/9-7 I feel real good about that but I want 9-7 and a playoff run with VY.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We still control our own destiny. The Racoon has to go to work.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Forget it. Chris "The Future of Quarterbacking" Weinke is driving that POS.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Come on, they're a tough team, I expect a rebound. They probably won't make the playoffs, but I wouldn't write them off completely...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar