Playstation 3 vs Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Ryan, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and sony knows how to make a console. the 360 design is one of the worst things designed ever. isn't just common sense to not cover the heat vents?

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I look at it like this. Yeah the MS design sucked, but they've made changes that hopefully will fix that. If your's still breaks down, they'll fix it for free. So in my case, at worst I may be w/o the thing for a month if they have to fix it. Not a big deal for me, but I don't play every day.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'd much rather have a console to play Mass Effect and Bioshock that 'may' overheat and cause me to be without for a few days than have a solid build console that currently has very little that I want to actually play

ironically, I'm currently blazing through hours of Ratchet and Clank, but after tonight the Ps3 will revert back to collecting dust

4. ONUV

ONUV Starter

there's a 40gb PS3 for $400 now

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

that is NOT backwards compatible

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

You have to buy a "special" PS3 to play old games? Kinda like the base 360 won't play older titles?

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

not really a "special" ps3, they just took the backwards compatibility out of the 40 gig version. you can still buy the 60 gig version and i believe the 80 gig version with the backwards compatibility.

no backwards compatibility is one of the reasons it is 400, but at least it comes with wifi, unlike the old 20 gig version.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Only problem is the price keeps going up to get the PS3 I want. But prices will drop someday.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the 80gb version @ $499 w/ MotorStorm is a much better deal than the 40gb at $399 .... the extra 40gb and the game are worth the extra $100 alone ... the ability to play God of War 2 on a Ps3 .... priceless

10. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

That is right on.

Right now, (this may/should change over time) the 360 is the superior gaming console, though the PS3 is starting to get things rolling.

Hardware wise the PS3 is better than the 360. Now if only Sony can start getting the most out of it. The PS3's Blu Ray player is a better player than the 360 HD DVD add on. I am not saying that Blu Ray is better than HD DVD though as they are pretty much equal in my opinion. I am only saying that the PS3's Blu Ray player is more robust in its features.

As far as online goes, 360 all the way. There is a ton of content on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

Later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar