Please don't get all emotional guys

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Okay so we lost, and are sitting at 4-4 with 8 games to go. It's not the end of the world to be a .500 ball club midway through the season. We have been through worse you know.

At the end of the day 31 teams will fail, and NOT be crowned Super Bowl champions. I can at least say that at 4-4, this season is not won or lost yet, and is still fun.

Enjoy the ride guys, 4-4 is right where this team is. We're not 8-0, 7-1, 5-3, or 0-8 for a reason, this team is still learning, still bonding, and most importantly still improving.

Compare us to the leagues top tier teams real quick, what's the difference? The Packers, Steelers, Patriots, and Saints. ALL those teams have been together doing their thing for YEARS! Our group of players has only been together for 2-3 months! If you were expecting to be 8-0 you're asking for waaay too much right now. Realize all we need to do is be 4-4, flying under the radar is what we do.

Trust me when I say this, but the Titans can not play up to others expectations. Let the whole world think we're scrubs, doesn't mean jack right now.

As an NFL fan, finding your team at .500 mid November is a fine thing. Don't worry if we're not the team you hopped we'd be, so what.

Should we call Fisher LOL?

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

The Super Bowl isn't even my concern.. improvement is.

And it's been years since we've had that..

edit: Oh you mentioned that.. no we are not improving by the way.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Call him a dickwad.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

If you think about it 8-8 would be an improvement over last year, which means we're moving in the right direction. Give us another draft or two and another two free agency periods and we'll start making some noise. I think we all got a little too excited and started expecting too much when we started 3-1, but a .500 record is about where everyone at the beginning of the season thought we'd be (give or take a few games). I think if we ended 8-8 that is respectible.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

For all we know, we are just one or two key pieces away from being contenders next year. Look at the Bills and Lions and Bengals.......and Chiefs from last year.....etc etc

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Right now we're only 2 games behind the Texans, and 1 game out of the wildcard spot.

Mathematically we're just fine.

What we need is more stability from our inside pass rushers.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

4-4.. should be 6-2 if we could put a complete game together. This team will play for a quarter or two and they will act like they get it... then its like the other team game plans what we are doing. That's why dalton kept killing us with out passes and screens in the 2nd half.

Also, how putting some pressure on the QB? We have the worst WR corps in the league. I think its a combination of coaching, talent and size. Dave Ragone isn't getting it done. None of these guys are big, none of them are particularly fast and none of them even have that great of hands. Britt is the exception.. everyone else needs to go look for new work.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree with the sentiment of your thread title, but it's way too late for that now lol. The whine flows today.

9. Mariani&Cheese

Mariani&Cheese Practice Squad

We are 4-4 but we need a spark on offensive.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

GREAT username, dude. Hahaha!

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar