Please Get #28 And His Dreadlocks Out Of The Starting Defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Mex#1TitanFan, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

D had two stops in the 4th

Same ole story with Jimbelina "death of 1,000 cuts" Schwartzie in that they allowed the game winning drive late in the 4th. D was not tired they were just ineffective late because their DC is an estrogen junky.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

When Albert went down in the 4th, I told my pal Tommy Three Thumbs to watch. Al would sit on the ground for a while. Then get up and walk off. Then return the next play.

He does this all the time when he's tired and needs a breather. He didnt' even limp when he walked off. The next play he's back in and raising his arms up to fire up the crowd.

It's hilarious...

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah he is. he wouldnt have been cut after one year from the one of the worst teams in the league if he was worth a damn.

he's had three good plays since he's been with the titans. his big hits in the last two minutes of the panthers games a few years ago. and his INT for a TD against the phins in '04.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

all true, the really sad part is the play he took off was the 3rd and 1 on the game winning drive.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Help me understand...

If Schwartz is to blame for Hill biting on a fake which resulted in the Jets big gain after two straight three-and-outs. Is he to blame for the Finnegan blitz which gave the offense the ball on the Jets one?

6. Fry

he's to blame for not seeing that blitzing an immolble qb works.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The answer is in this thread...

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=200068&postcount=14

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yes he is on both points. I would say the other CB was plenty guilty of falling for play action fakes also.

Schwartz should blitz as many as necessary in order to create havoc in the backfield. When the QB is under pressure good things happen. When the QB is not challenged in the backfield, as Schwartz choose to NOT blitz for the bulk of the game, then the pathetic secondary will be exposed. Joe Montana - I mean Chad Pennington - really spread the ball around as he had 4-5 seconds on most throws because dehr Schwartzie refused to send enough men into the backfield to do any harm.

Now specifically on the game winning late 4th quarter drive. Had them on 3rd and 1 and Haynesworth took himself out for that ONE play - arrugh. ( I still blame Schwartz for that anyways) Does AH make a difference on that play? I don't know they went wide and the midget CB Jones almost broke it up, almost, almost... Then Hill bites on a double move and Hope's big hit on Coles does not seperate the man from the ball. ( I still blame Schwartz for having Hill in the game at that time ) Game winning TD was thrown perfectly in part because it was second and goal from the 12 and Schwartz was in full "death of 1,000 cuts" no pressure mode so Pennington throws a perfect pass for the winner.

Raise your hand if you were not absoutly positive the JETS were gonna score on that drive. I thought so.

Raise your hand if you were not absoutly postive the Titans were incapable of answering. Just as I thought.

10. Fry

i had no doubt they were going to score. i HOPED it would be a field goal.

but from that great movie Grumpier Old Men, "Crap in one hand, wish in the other and see which one fills up first."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar