Please help me out (Milliner)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titantrusince82, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737099/dee-milliner

FYI.

I've followed Bama for 40 years. Milliner is good CB not elite IMO. He's worth a mid first because he is low risk. He is excellent against run, tackles well, and has good technique against pass. His fault I'd say is he doesn't have elite closing speed but his reach allows him to defend balls against big WRs. He has a knack at being in the right place.

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

At 10 Milliner wouldn't bug me at all, however I do like some corners a bit later, rounds 3-4.

I'd be happy with a Darius Slay in the 3rd or Sanders Commings in the 4th, but I'd be stoked with Jamar Taylor in the 2nd.

I'm a huge Taylor fan, guy reminds me a lot of Desmond Trufant, but can be had a tad later.

3. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I remember reading an article recently about what how many players Williams keeps at their respective positions. I'm pretty sure he had a handful of LBs and Safeties.

I'm pretty sure Grey likes his safeties as well. I would not be surprised to see them draft a Safety before they draft another CB.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Good summary. Ill add in the fact that he's never had to use his pack pedal... which hell do every snap in the nfl. Hes a 1st rounder, just not an elite CB.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Milliner would be probably the safest pick at #10 outside of an OG imo. He's not exactly a top 10 talent but given the weak class and our future need at the position I would be okay with it.

He's a bit better than Dre Kirk and he went at like 18 or something last year so 10 is okay. He really progressed from 2 years ago to last year, like a ton.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

If we draft Milliner his inability to back pedal won't matter much since it seems like we didn't ask our CB's to man cover a lot. I don't see why we can't just have him play press man 80-85% of his snaps. It's what he's best at and IMO the most effective/disruptive tool in a big corner's arsenal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar