Please Trade for De'anthony Thomas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

We need explosion on this team. I know it, you know it, your mother knows it. Especially in the wide receiver core and on special teams.

Mariani is fun to have back and all, but do you think he'll ever take one to the house?

De'anthony Thomas meanwhile is languishing on the Chiefs bench behind newcomer Tyreek Hill who ran a kickoff back 105 yards on Sunday. He aint goin' nowhere. Inactive for the past two weeks, De'anthony Thomas could bring an explosive player to our Special teams and wide receiver core and could likely be had for cheap. Most didn't even think he'd make their 53 man roster!

The Titans started drives inside the 10 yard line three times last week. THREE TIMES! Imagine if we had De'anthony Thomas running those kicks back?

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

So Thomas would have returned 2 for TDs that would have both been called back for holding and then he would have actually fielded a punt inside the 10 yd line which is a no-no and returned it for a TD.

Our bad field position had nothing to do with Mariani. I'd have no problems getting Thomas but to say he could have changed things against the Lions is wrong.

Personally I don't think we should ever return a KO out of the endzone. The odds of returning it past the 25 are slim and it opens you up to have penalties and put yourself in a hole.

• High Five High Five x 8
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Didnt we try this once before with another useless piece of Kansas City trash?

[​IMG]

#SayNoToProjectPlayers

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

No.
    DAT is an amazing player who can juke a guy out of his shoes.
    But he'll never be another Sproles or Austin. He lacks heart or guts or fortitude (whatever you want to call it).
    That's why he spent the last six games of 2015 out, even though he passed concussion protocols after a week or two.
    What's going on with De'Anthony Thomas' mystery absence? - Arrowhead Pride

He did much the same thing in college after a high ankle sprain. He had every excuse in the book for skipping practices and not playing, or playing poorly.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

For a guy who is so explosive, he's only scored four TDs in 22 games.

I'll never understand how the board collectively latches on to a random opposing player.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Same way we latch on to late round draft picks.

It is Tretola right now. It was mister irrelevant for a while until he was cut lol.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

One guy likes him, maybe two

9. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Some of it for me is entertainment value . I know the best entertainment is winning but it's also fun to have explosive and exciting playmakers or "potential" playmakers lol. I know I know that word potential . In the midst of a dismal season last year I did njoy the Mariota and DGB highlights.

10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

He's a kick returner bro. Has Mariani scored 4 TD's in his last 22 games? It would be an incredibly fun to watch upgrade IMO. We don't need him for TD's. We need him for field position.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar