Poise Shows Big Step for Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, Bironas has never proven himself. I think we'll keep him unless someone proven comes along, but he's on much thinner ice. He needs to make a clutch kick or two before he's allowed multiple misses in a game. The fact that one of the misses didn't count because of a penalty doesn't mean he didn't miss it.

2. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Bironas has far exceeded expectations. However, a couple repeats of last week and he will be out of a job...

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

someone should whip up a Rob Bironas youtube music video similar to the one that was done for Denny Green after he realized that the Bears were who he and his team thought they were.

[​IMG]Cause you had a bad day
    You're taking one down
    You sing a sad song just to turn it around
    [​IMG]

Like it or not boys we let the Ravens off the hook. Paint him (Bironas) a scapegoat all you like. I don't want to hear about how "close" it was. I don't care if it was three or thirty foot fade or push, hook or slice...

All that matters is that it was NO GOOD.
    Close only counts in horseshoes

[​IMG]
    and hand grenades.

[​IMG]

It's not like it was not the most significant game on our schedule or anything.

We have to invite some competition to camp.

4. Nine

Nine Starter

Bironas' stock is obviously pretty low right now; however, all it will take is one or two good kicks to restore everyone's confidence.

The kid was rock solid all last year, and has been better than average on kickoffs. He's been battling a groin injury lately....don't know how serious it is, but it's been enough to keep him from practicing. At least let the guy get healed up before we write him off the roster.

On a side note....it's a bit funny that the thread title is about VY's poise, but every single response has been about Bironas.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He hasn't been "rock solid". He's been decent. How many game winning FGs has he kicked for us? ANY? He kicked the one against the Texans, but it wasn't a last second kick. He hasn't proven himself. He's been decent, but he hasn't done ANYTHING beyond average.

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

AND, LAWN DARTS. :))

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think in lawn darts in order for it to be a scoring dart it must fall within the circle. Some even play that the flag must go up and stick to the top. I need to research that but right now I'm saying close doesn't count for **** in lawn darts.

edit: link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawn_darts

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Bironus stats: 1-29 4-4, 30-39 4-4, 40-49 1-3(one block in there), 50+ 0-1 take out the block and he is at 82% (with it 75%). Throwing him under the bus now seems sort of dumb, to me he has been a pleasant surprise especially considering he kicks pretty deep on the KO's. How soon we forget when our kicker KO's would only reach the 10 yard line or even shorter. Look at the video of the block, the right side of the line got caved, no kicker would have made that one.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

And slow dancing :brow:

10. i like the way u think avvie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar