POLL: Chris Brown or Corey Dillon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jun 16, 2007.

?
  1. Chris Brown

21 vote(s)
    39.6%
  2. Corey Dillon

14 vote(s)
    26.4%
  3. Lendale-Henry is fine by me

18 vote(s)
    34.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Brown is soft and I mean marshmellow soft. He runs straight up and is not, I repeat not going to get the tough yards. He is a change of pace runner at best.

2. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Looks like CB is dominating the poll (20:7)
    Who would have known :irked:

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Chris Brown - Chris Henry would be nice,

Lendale for short yardage, thats not a bad RB triumphet....

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I'm surprised to see so much support for Chris Brown. Even at Dillons age, I believe he'd eat Brown up on the field.
    Don't believe all that crap about Chicago. I ain't buying it. Browns' from Chicago, a good chance for the playoffs and they made him an offer and he hasn't signed yet? Versus coming back to the team that he wanted traded off of last year.......................yeah right! If you're buying that, I've got a bridge located on some ocean front property in Pittsburgh that I need to sell cheap.

6. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Rigged!

Chris Brown is the new Sanjaya.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That's what I'm saying.. The vote says CB but the replies say Dillon..
    DC and Nine casually seem to be defending Brown but that doesn't add up to the vote blowout.. Speak up CB defenders!

8. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I voted brown. I think he could be a pleasant surprise.

9. Young54

Young54 Starter

I voted brown too. I'm not forgetting what he did for us when he was healthy in 04 and even against houston last season...you think its common for a 3rd string back to go 4 and 44?? he AT LEAST deserves to be a 2nd string back who still gets a good amount of carries and passes out of the back field. There is no doubt in my mind that if he comes back hes gonna start and put up the same type of numbers that TH did. If he can stay healthy...which im not denying that hes injury prone, but so was mcnair and look at how many games he played last year (he started every single game!)...but if he does stay healthy, he can be a force to reckon with.

Don't forget about what happened to Priest Holmes...tell me if this doesnt sound exactly like CB: Didn't play much or at all his rookie year...second year he rushed for a little bit more than 1000 yards...and then third and fourth year didn't do crap. Then the ravens got rid of him and guess what happened his 5th year...he started every game for KC and got over 1500 yards. this is gonna be CBs 5th year and i dont want to make the same mistake the ravens did (yea they drafted jamal but thats the same attitude we have about white and henry). i have full confidence that he can have a break out year and i desperatley hope he comes back to us after what we did to him last year.

about dillon...i just never really liked him. im not saying hes a bad player tho. but i would much rather have brown with his potential than a grandpa running the rock. not to mention that we can get brown back for pennys where dillon will be way overpayed.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Chris Brown is a scrub........why you might ask? Big TT got the majority of it.

An upright runner a 6'3 basically means he gets pounded on every run and takes a lot of punishment. He can't get tough yards since he runs with zero body lean and gets no leverage. He's going to get hurt all the time since he is an upright runner and so tall for an RB. He has no toughness and nasty streak to him and he wanted outta here last year so let him go I mean everyone is drooling over this guy to lock him up. (all 2 teams outta 32)

Brown has reached his peak and is not going to get better or fix his flaws at his age. Brown was given his shot and lost his job it's time for our club and him to move on. He will only be good for change of pace and blocking here and there while his hands are decent.

Dillon is a beast even at the ripe age of 32. He has a fire and competitiveness to him that our team needs. He wants to win and wants the rock. He still has enough left in him for another season evident of his performance in the playoffs. He is a bruising back that holds on to the rick and would be a very solid pickup and leader for our young offense so VY doesn't have all the responsibility. He runs with passion and has a nasty streak to his game and gets the tough yards and has a nose for the endzone.

Yes Dillon has reached his potential as well but it's still a lot higher than Brown's. Yes he's pretty tall for a back but he runs with good body lean and with a full head of steam nothing like a Chris Brown who does not punish tacklers does not make even a CB afraid to take him down. Thats why C-Dill would be a great addition and Chris would do very little for our club along with the fact Dillon could help our young RB's with the nuances of the game and teach them what it takes and what to do.....ect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar