POLL: Chris Brown or Corey Dillon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jun 16, 2007.

?
  1. Chris Brown

21 vote(s)
    39.6%
  2. Corey Dillon

14 vote(s)
    26.4%
  3. Lendale-Henry is fine by me

18 vote(s)
    34.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I just can't believe we're comparing "potential" vs actual production... I hafta question whether some folks here have actually seen Dillon in action. And how does penny-pinching help the team when it's gonna be a one year deal either way.. They have the money to spend..

Ponder this.. It's 3nd and goal from from the 3. Which RB is gonna get you the TD?

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Corey Dillon:
    Year TM | G | Yards TD
    ---------------------------------------
    1997 cin | 16 | 1129 10
    1998 cin | 15 | 1130 4
    1999 cin | 15 | 1200 5
    2000 cin | 16 | 1435 7
    2001 cin | 16 | 1315 10
    2002 cin | 16 | 1311 7
    2003 cin | 13 | 541 2
    2004 nwe | 15 | 1635 12
    2005 nwe | 12 | 733 12
    2006 nwe | 16 | 812 13
    ---------------------------------------
    TOTAL | 150 | 11241 82

Chris Brown:
    Year TM | G | Yards TD
    ------------------------------------
    2003 ten | 11 | 221 0
    2004 ten | 11 | 1067 6
    2005 ten | 15 | 851 5
    2006 ten | 5 | 156 0
    -------------------------------------
    TOTAL | 42 | 2295 11

Dillon single season TD mark has beat Brown's career total 3 different times...
    If you're 100 miles out in the wild do you choose the vehicle that has the potential to get you home safely or the one that just does it..

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

both are likely to break down.

4. Young54

Young54 Starter

VINCE!...but isn't that what LenDale is for??? what is he like 400 pounds? all of you keep saying he can still run it even if hes out of shape. thats what a 3rd down back is for. I'm not saying that CB is a bruiser but neither are Dunn and Parker but look at their production.

but seriously...i want vince to take it. no doubt about that. remember the texas national championship?

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

everyone is wanting the Chris Brown defenders to step up, so i guess ill take the role of "hero" and save Chris Brown from this torched band wagon, so eh?

Chris Brown vs Corey Dillon

Chris Brown: 26

Edge goes to Chris Brown, younger and hasnt even reached his prime yet (ages 29-30 are considered Primes for runningbacks)

Production (as a Starter):
    Corey Dillon: 1123.1 Yps (Yards Per Season) 10 Year Starter
    Chris Brown: 959 Yps as a 2 year starter

Edge goes to Corey Dillon, but you still cant expect him to rush for 1100+ yards anymore.

Money:
    Corey Dillon would definatly be cheaper, and the rookies would benefit from his presence.

Chris Brown might want to be over paid, but would still give us good production on the field (when he is on it)

Edge goes to Corey Dillon

Long Term:
    Corey Dillon would be a one year thing, really leaving us in the same position next season, where we have no starter.
    Chris Brown could sign for 3-5 years, eventually giving LenWhale White or Chris "Brown-Travis" Henry a chance to step up.

Edge goes to Chris Brown

Potential:
    Corey Dillon: if we brought him in for a season, what are we going to expect out of him? a 1000 yard season? i dont think he has enough gas left in him.

Chris Brown: the possibilitys with him are endless, if we can just get him to run the ball like a running back should, and not like he is a wooden plank with arms and legs. Injury problems can technically be prevented, Old age is permenant.

Edge goes to Chris Brown

Based on the break down i just provided, i see no point in bringing in a 32 year old running back running on "E" over a young running back, not even in his prime yet. ive said this before and i will say it again, Tennessee is trying to build a YOUNG, QUICK, EXPLOSIVE, team so bringing in Vets isnt there number 1 priority right now.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I doubt Dillon would be cheaper and isn't he retired now? Why the heck would he come out of retirement and play for the Titans? If he wanted one more ring he would be better off playing for the league minimum and getting back with the Pats. This whole argument is totally pointless.

On one side is a 32 year old RB who probably has zero interest in moving to Tennessee for one year and getting his brain beat in to help the team go 8-8. On the other side you have a 26 year old who has everything in the world to prove who already knows the system and the coaches know him and he excels in exactly the areas we need someone, passing downs. Brown is also more explosive at this point of his career than Dillon who looked like he was pulling a sled last year in Nashville. Again, this whole argument is pointless anyway. Right now Brown is the best option the Titans have and they should take advantage considering they already screwed up losing out on Turner.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

well we didnt sign Dillon, but we did sign Chris Brown.....

told you i would rez a thread....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar