POLL: Ramsey or Tunsil?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Mar 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Extremely curious what the poll results will look like. You're Jon Robinson, who are you taking #1?

It's obvious the final draft debate we have at #1 overall is Jalen Ramsey or Laremy Tunsil. I personally don't believe we'll go defensive line in Bosa or Buckner. Also, no team will offer a trade worthy of trading back IMO. So here's the great debate:

[​IMG]
    Jalen Ramsey:
    6'1 209, CB/FS, FSU
    The hometown kid would likely play CB in Nashville. We've desperately complained that McCourty is a solid CB1, but would be better as a CB2. Ramsey is the answer, he can shadow the other teams main target, like Robinson, Hopkins, & Hilton 6 times a year. Physical enough to cover elite TEs in the slot. Having Ramsey & McCourty on the outside, with Cox/McCain/Huff/Blake/BWW battling for time in nickle & dime situations, Searcy & Rashad Johnson at safety, & LeBeau calling the shots.. that defense has elite potential. Especially if Orakpo and Morgan stay healthy, along with Casey, we'll be able to get pressure on the QB.

[​IMG]
    Laremy Tunsil:

6'5, 310, LT, Ole Miss
    Tunsil has potential to be an elite Tyron Smith/Trent Williams in Nashville for many-many years. Protecting our most valuable player, Marcus Mariota. Flipside, Tunsil could be the next Luke Joeckel (injuries) or Greg Robinson. I feel Ramsey is a much more "safe" prospect? Regardless, I think Tunsil is an elite level prospect and will see success in the league, barring injury. Adding Tunsil of course allows us to move Lewan to RT, where he could thrive. Next year we're at: Tunsil-Bell/Poutassi-Jones-Warmack/Spain-Lewan. Hopefully that line finally can figure it out, because the last few years have been a joke. If they do, Murray can get the run game going, thus opening up the field for the passing attack. Mariota will have time to let the play develop and allow DGB, and his Megatron abilities, to get downfield. As well as Walker, Wright, & Matthews making plays. That "exotic smashmouth" offense also has potential.

There's so many pros to both sides, are we ultimately deciding offense vs defense? If we go Ramsey, we must still find another starting caliber offensive linemen in this draft. If only we knew who would be available at #33, would make this decision so much easier. :whoop::whoop:

Bold prediction: if we stay healthy, i'd say this team should make the playoffs. :shocked:Hopefully that's not an ignorant homer statement.. I think it's just optimism. Seems to burn me every single year though... :wall:

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 2
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I'll be happy with either, but you know my opinion

4. xpmar9x

I've been like a seesaw, but i'm going with Tunsil. I would LOVE Ramsey and I think he'll be a Pro-Bowler for years. But, i'm worried the RTs available at 33 will be "meh". Besides Tunsil, Ronnie Stanley, Jack Conklin, & Taylor Decker I don't think there's a day-1 starter in this class. There's also Germain Ifedi or Jason Spriggs, who have potential, but i'm not so sure on. I think there will be much better talent on the board at that time, personally i'd like to take BPA.. passing on Tunsil wouldn't allow that. You could also trade back, maybe pickup an extra 3rd or 4th, and take a OT in the mid-2nd but still don't think they'll dominate as much as Tunsil can. Tunsil at LT, especially if he hits his ceiling (huge IF), would do wonders for Mariota. Tunsil & Lewan are both explosive, they'll be able to keep the edges for Mariota, where he can thrive. If Mariota thrives, we'll be relevant again shortly. If Ramsey is draft #1, we have to find a RT starter in the draft, I think thaty'll but tough. Forcing us to potentially reach, or having to trade back, passing up ______ at #33.

Although, if we signed Louis Vasquez (if he's medically cleared)... Ramsey is more interesting. Vasquez puts a band-aid on RT, still would hope for a Day 2 offensive linemen.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Your point about are we picking offense vs defense is interesting. I still say defense wins championships. This D has lacked a CB1 for so long. Take the guy, move everyone down the depth chart 1, where they belong, and let the offense have the ball more by giving the D the guys required to get off the damn field.

edit: Another thing we haven't discussed much, is the guys who are cut leading up to week one. Typically you can find some OL starters there. Not that I want to wait that long to fix RT, just sayin'.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ramsey then Ifedi would be great

Tunsil then R2CB not as great but still a good draft

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

My main concern with Ramsey is how are we going to use him. It is nice to say that he can shadow the other teams #1WR, but historically in Lebeau's defenses the CBs have played more zone. You don't take a zone CB #1. You can find a solid zone CB in the 2nd rnd.

My main reason for wanting to go Ramsey in the 1st is that I want to get the energy back into Nissan stadium. The quickest way to do that is to have a tough as nails defense. Defense is what brings fans to their feet and has them screaming their lungs off. No matter how good your offense is, if the defense gives up time consuming drives then it takes the energy out of the stadium.

Hometown kid gets the Stadium rocking more than Tunsil

Having said that protecting the franchise QB who got hit way too many times last year has got to be a top priority. If we draft Tunsil then we improve the 2 most important OL positions and help protect MM from the JJ Watts of the world. I love the idea of having 2 very mobile OTs. The screen game and ability to get MM on the move on rollouts is exciting to think about.

Robinson really is in a can't lose situation. But if I had to take one today, I would go with Ramsey and build the defense.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Lebeau may not always be here, so let's not pass on a special player due to our DC's history, that book is almost finished

9. xpmar9x

If we did go Ramsey, I'd go get Louis Vasquez immediately and also get a Day 2 offensive linemen. We'd have a lot of depth at the offensive line then and could play with some lineups until we find the correct one.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

#BringJalenHome

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar