Pollard Fined $42K for Hit on Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The NFL has always had it out for the Titans when we play the Texans. Remember when Finnegan was fined for ramming his face repeatedly in to poor Andre Johnson's fist?

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Dude, you're beyond help..... No, Johnson did not see Pollard for several seconds as he was still in the process of making the catch. Look at the damn picture, no way Johnson could have avoided being hit. The officials didnt throw the flag because they didnt see he got hit in the head, not because he wasnt defenseless.

Being a fan is not an excuse for being oblivious to reality. Johnson was hit in the head just as he came down with the catch, that's illegal according to the rules, whether you agree with the rules or not.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

He was hit on the shoulder. His elbow glancing off his helmet was about as intrusive as a summer breeze. That's first and foremost.

Pollard is directly in his field of vision from the very moment he turned around to go up for the ball. This wasn't a blindside hit that he didn't know was coming as soon as he was catching the ball. The whole point of the defenseless receiver rule is to protect receivers when they can't see a tackle coming. I just watched the video again. Looks like Johnson is trying to plant so he can launch for the touchdown. Good job Pollard.

4. MikeJonesDrew

MikeJonesDrew Special Teams Standout

Your making an opinion call here then. I just watched the replay over and over. Pollard hits him in the shoulder bro. I dont know what your looking at. He didnt hit him in the head only like Jackson did to Wright. Thats not a flag nor a fine. Hes also not defenseless either? He already made the catch pretty much when Pollard hits him. Its not like Johnson went for the ball and got him before he brings it down. Thats defenseless. Ive seen that called everytime THAT happens. But Pollard hits AJ in the shoulder, and even if he gets bumped in the helmet by a elbow following the hit, i dont see that as defenseless nor fine worthy. Sorry. Shoulder isnt the head bro.

5. Strykr Pinoy

Strykr Pinoy Camp Fodder

All of these fines are a direct reaction to the class suit settlement. NFL is gonna recoup that money somewhere.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

supposedly money for fines goes to charity

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

NFL is a nonprofit organization...

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Is anyone honestly surprised? He launched himself, head area, Bernard Pollard, star player injured. I'm just glad it wasn't called a penalty, which was my fear at the time it happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar