Pollard Fined $42K for Hit on Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Didnt think so the league hates the Titans it seems with those refs and the non fine on a vicious dirty helmet to helmet hit vs 42k on a borderline shoulder hit.

2. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

How can he get fined but the Wright hit doesn't. The NFL FO needs to be confronted on all of this. They're ruining the game. Goodell needs to be out on his ass.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thats the cost of doing business for Pollard I guess.

He laid the wood on Andre Johnson a few times, all good clean hits.

I like Pollards style, he just hits you, doesn't think, just goes and bangs. Thats good cause a lot of guys a forced to hold back in fear of hitting the wrong area of a guy. F that, make the tackle and put some fear in those receivers heart.

4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

He moved his head from going helmet to helmet and still gets fined!!!!!!!!!!! NFL what do you want the defense to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goodell, go F*** yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Sounds like someone needs to hit Goodell for ruining the game.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I just saw a GIF of the tackle, it really looks like when he landed his head whip-lashed and hit the ground had - that is what might have caused the injury, not even the hit. (GIF link - http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/20...lard-fined-42k-for-legal-hit-on-andre-johnson)

I know Pollard has a rep and I'm sure he's a repeat offender, but the guy that hit Kendall, now that was a DIRTY hit if you ask me, was he fined?

On a side note, I love Pollards comment on twitter...

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Protest.

I'm down. One fan base at a time.

8. jake jarmell

jake jarmell Camp Fodder

It doesnt have to be "helmet to helmet" to get a fine, the rule is targeting the head or neck of a defenseless receiver. Pollard led with his shoulder, but directly hit the head of AJ while he was in the process of the catch (defenseless).

Kareem Jackson will probably be fined as well for his hit on Wright, but Pollard's was probably reviewed first because it was on a name player and caused a significant injury.

It was not a "good hit" as far as the rules go. Fans love the big hits, but when a defenseless receiver gets his head targeted, there will be a fine.

9. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I have to watch it again but it seemed also that mcourty was in front of Johnson and that was the only way for pollard to make the play and he avoided helmet to helmet. Goodel is a greedy bloodsucker as far as I'm concerned.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

One step closer to player strike.

Only a matter of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar