Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Pollard Fined $42K for Hit on Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Sep 18, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 9 users.
  1. rodgev Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $1,034
    Didnt think so the league hates the Titans it seems with those refs and the non fine on a vicious dirty helmet to helmet hit vs 42k on a borderline shoulder hit.
  2. GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

McCarthy
    Moolah:
    $401
    How can he get fined but the Wright hit doesn't. The NFL FO needs to be confronted on all of this. They're ruining the game. Goodell needs to be out on his ass.
    Dman high fives this.
  3. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,948
    Thats the cost of doing business for Pollard I guess.

He laid the wood on Andre Johnson a few times, all good clean hits.

I like Pollards style, he just hits you, doesn't think, just goes and bangs. Thats good cause a lot of guys a forced to hold back in fear of hitting the wrong area of a guy. F that, make the tackle and put some fear in those receivers heart.
    nytitaner high fives this.
  4. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $8,116
    He moved his head from going helmet to helmet and still gets fined!!!!!!!!!!! NFL what do you want the defense to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goodell, go F*** yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Hammer and CJtheBeast high five this.
  5. GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

McCarthy
    Moolah:
    $401
    Sounds like someone needs to hit Goodell for ruining the game.
    mike75, CJtheBeast and Dman high five this.
  6. titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Casey
    Moolah:
    $6,811
    I just saw a GIF of the tackle, it really looks like when he landed his head whip-lashed and hit the ground had - that is what might have caused the injury, not even the hit. (GIF link - http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/20...lard-fined-42k-for-legal-hit-on-andre-johnson)

I know Pollard has a rep and I'm sure he's a repeat offender, but the guy that hit Kendall, now that was a DIRTY hit if you ask me, was he fined?

On a side note, I love Pollards comment on twitter...
  7. CJtheBeast Starter

Moolah:
    $119

Protest.

I'm down. One fan base at a time.
    The Hammer high fives this.
  8. jake jarmell Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $3
    It doesnt have to be "helmet to helmet" to get a fine, the rule is targeting the head or neck of a defenseless receiver. Pollard led with his shoulder, but directly hit the head of AJ while he was in the process of the catch (defenseless).

Kareem Jackson will probably be fined as well for his hit on Wright, but Pollard's was probably reviewed first because it was on a name player and caused a significant injury.

It was not a "good hit" as far as the rules go. Fans love the big hits, but when a defenseless receiver gets his head targeted, there will be a fine.
  9. nytitaner Starter

Moolah:
    $831
    I have to watch it again but it seemed also that mcourty was in front of Johnson and that was the only way for pollard to make the play and he avoided helmet to helmet. Goodel is a greedy bloodsucker as far as I'm concerned.
    CJtheBeast and Dman high five this.
  10. Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,035
    One step closer to player strike.

Only a matter of time.