Pollard Fined $42K for Hit on Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Goodell- arbitrary? Puleeezee.......

:sarcasm:
    :goodell:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Even the commentators said it was a clean hit. Bulls*it.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

how can you penalize someone for a play that wasnt even flagged?

4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

unfortunately the league feels they can do whatever they want to and they just did. I hope he appeals this because 42k for that is complete BS!

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Anyone who claims Pollards hit was legal obviously do not know the rules. Bookies should put up a bet, who gets suspended first, Suh or Pollard....

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Actually I'm pretty sure Goodell played at least HS football. And in case you haven't realized, its not just the NFL, crackdown on illegal and dangerous blocks and tackles are happing in college and HS football too.

7. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Yup that's exactly it, same reason Suh got such a huge fine for his low hit. If you're a marked man the NFL has a very short leash.

I do not think that was an illegal hit at all, and just heard Torrey Smith interview and someone asked him about it, he said it was BS. Receivers hate to see these hits fined because it means the defenders will start going low and that's how careers get ruined.

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. MikeJonesDrew

MikeJonesDrew Special Teams Standout

Kareem Jackson got fined for his hit on Wright, the same amount.. Pollards hit was clean and nothing was dirty about it. He didnt lower his head, he took his shoulder and hit him. He should appeal it because everyone knew it was a good hit.

9. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

I never saw a replay that showed him hitting the head or neck.

10. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

Also, Rodney Harrison on Football night in American cited it as an example of a good clean hit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar