Pollard Fined $42K for Hit on Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansMVP

TitansMVP Starter

The bench or water boy doesn't count. HS, not so much. More in college but not in HS. Regardless, it is bad enough he is changing the game for all levels and taking out big aspects of the game. Football is not what it used to be and its getting more ridiculous every year. Soon, football will simply not be football. I love watching big hits, as a teammate you love it even more.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Sure, but the guy on the receiving end probably loves living past 50 without brain damage even more.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Unbelievable.

It's come to the point where players are getting fined for clean hits. Sh*t is out of control.

Kareem Jackson's hit was actually helmet to helmet and looked dirty to me, yet he's fined the exact same amount. Way to be consistent, NFL.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

This is complete bull$hit.. There was no helmet to helmet contact at all. I guess you will get fined for hitting someone way too hard now. Unreal..

If I had the money, I would pay this fine for Pollard.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Do people on this board have a collective learning disorder? Its ANY hit to helmet or neck area, whether you use your helmet, shoulder or arms.

Let me quote the rule for you guys. Its Rule 12, Section 2, Article 7:
    (b) Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
    (1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player's head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm or shoulder regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

well maybe he shouldn't be playing football making millions and millions and millions of dollars, makes more in a day totaling 5 hours than I do on a freaking year working over 1500 hours

7. TitansMVP

TitansMVP Starter

Don't play the game if you're going to complain about it. As a player, you know what you're getting in to. I certainly did but I'm not going to complain about it. Its football, this ain't golf.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Gregg Levy needs to get back in the mix for commissioner, Goodell needs to go.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

you put on pads, and a helmet, you know your going to get hit!!! If it was east, everyone would do it!!! If you don't want to risk getting hit, go sit in the stands and watch!!!! No one is forcing players to play and take a mult-million dollar contract!!!!!!!!

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You're right, it's football on the National Football League's terms. If they don't like it they can go play somewhere else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar