Pollard, Verner want to return

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The secondary has arguably been the strongest position on the Titans’ team this year, but two key members of the group may be playing their last game for Tennessee this Sunday.

Safety Bernard Pollard and cornerback Alterraun Verner are both scheduled to become unrestricted free agents in March unless they’re re-signed before then. Both players said Thursday they’d like to return to the Titans.

Pollard has posted a career-best 134 tackles this year, in addition to three interceptions, a blocked field goal and a blocked extra point.

“I do want to come back, but some things have to be done right for me to be here,” Pollard said.

Pollard didn’t offer specifics about what change he was seeking, but he did voice support for Titans coach Mike Munchak.

“I love coach Munchak,” Pollard said. “But all-round, things need to be done correctly for us to be successful.”

The 29 year-old Pollard has played for four teams in his eight seasons in the league, but understands he might have to add another squad to his resume.

“I thank God for every door he’s opened,” Pollard said. “Two years in Baltimore and I got a Super Bowl ring. That’s something no one can take from me.

“If it’s for me to come back here, if that’s what God’s plan is, that’s cool. If it’s for me to go somewhere else, that’s cool. It’s up to the owners and everybody else to make their decision … on who they want to come help them win.”

Verner has had his best overall season, producing a career-high five interceptions and 25 passes defensed.

“I would love to be back,” Verner said. “This is where my home has been for four years and where I’m comfortable with.

“I’ll definitely weigh all the options and see what happens. If something arises and it allows me to stay here, then I’ll be game for it. At the end of the day, I want to take care of my family and be a part of some place I can do something. I think this is a place I can.”

Verner is focused on beating Houston this Sunday, but also realizes this could be the last time he puts on a Titans uniform.

“Definitely that thought has surfaced,” Verner said. “I’m not letting that emotion get me away from the game. But it definitely has crossed my mind.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Pollard sounds like a true mercenary. He didn't develop the attachment to the team I hoped he would. Gotta love what Vern is saying though, sounds like he's open to some kind of a hometown discount as long as it's not an insultingly low offer.

3. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Hopefully they both can stay. The secondary has been our strength.

4. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

Pay 'em! Vern especially. And Pollard brings leadership and attitude to the locker room. I would like to see them both in Titans unis again.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Bring Pollard and Verner back.

6. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Interesting that Pollard's comments hint that Munch isn't going about things in the right way and changes will have to be made for him to stay.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

This is just protocol..

Let's see what they say when March rolls around. I hope they both stay, but we will survive..

This is not an Albert Haynesworth situation.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Pollard knows Munch is a joke, thats why he said what he said the way he said it

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Pollard thought Harbaugh was a joke too. I love Pollard but he strikes me as a guy who likes to be unequivocally in charge and if things aren't happening the way he wants them to happen then it's wrong.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Im hoping Pollard has the fans backs and is talking about some of the assistant coaches

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar