Pondering a short-yardage change

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

They let him go because theyre stupid and NY fans like flashy things.

Greene is always good for 3-4 yards a carry.

Stop arguing with me on everything, your batting % is nowhere near high enough to be taken seriously, IDK why I even respond to you half the time.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yes. How long before the press turns the issue towards Matthews? He should be ashamed of his units performance during his tenure here as OL coach.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

CJ is good for 3-4 yards a carry. Look at his career average. Even this year he is still averaging 3 yards a carry. He has been taking what is there instead of looking for the homerun and yet ppl still bash him. He has also been fighting for tough yards yet people still bash him.

He is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt. Would you guys like CJ to go back to just dancing behind the line of scrimmage looking to hit the big one b/c you guys bashed him for that before. Now that he is being a work horse you still bash him.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

When CJ gets in space he showed yesterday that he can still make people miss and still take it to the house. Thats not the problem. The problem is getting him in space!

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Or a coach thing... From Kuharsky:

Seriously? And this guy is our OC why?? So you plan for running it up the gut, fair enough, but when that isn't working, you're unable to deviate from your gameplan and improvise?

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'd be interested in finding out how many millions of dollars this OL costs.. compared to the Vet minimum they are worth.

Battle has proven year after year that he is not a superstar running back. When someone like that steals a lot of carries from CJ, that says something about CJ.

But, on those goal line plays.. The entire line was plugged up. Running into a brick wall. CJ "bouncing" it to the outside would have probably lead to a 4 yard loss, like it does nearly every time since 2009 that he's tried that.

OL is a problem. There is not a solid player on that line, as far as O am concerned. As bad as Turner has been, the Tackles are overrated and underperforming, and the new guards certainly have not lived up to expectations.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Valid point. I would have run to the edges some just to try it despite the scouting reports but it didn't guarantee success. Everyone else who has had success running the ball on them has made it happen between the tackles. I go back to pointing at the OL for not getting a push most of the game.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Seems like he's getting a pass on name recognition alone. His Houston O-lines were garbage. And his Tennessee O-lines have been garbage.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

IMO there is no excuse.. because Munchak tends to work a lot with the OL himself, as I recall from training camp, he spends a lot of his time over there.. So the coaching has really not dramatically changed from 5 years ago to now.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Roos $6,000,000
    Levitre $2,500,000
    Turner $1,000,000
    Warmack $405,000
    Stewart $5,000,000

NFL vet minimum these days is $940,000

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar